Profiles not spawning and teleport away from players

1. 8 years ago

We were testing a player vs. AI (Occupation) mission using ALiVE on our server. When I tested the mission alone (either on Server or locally), everything worked fine. But when we ran the missions with 20+ players, for some reason AI profiles never spawn and get teleported away as soon as players go near.

Mission setup described below.

Players:

• 20+ players in 5 groups.
    • Some empty vehicles (RHS) in base.
    • "BASE" respawn.

ALiVE:

• 5km x 5km TAOR on Chernarus terrain.
    • Military Placement (Mil Obj) about 10 groups
    • Military Placement (Civ Obj) about 10 groups
    • Military AI Commander (Occupation) module synced to the placement modules.
    • Custom faction (LOP_CDF). Works fine in local tests.
    • To ensure performance I set the "active profile limit" to 5 groups. (Because in previous missions with limit=50, we encountered performance issues.)

Profiled virtual AI groups keep disappearing as soon as players go near.
    My questions are:

• Is it possible that player groups ended up being "profiled" by ALiVE?
    • Is there a way to debug the virtual AI system via console? A variable or function that gives me a list of currently active/inactive profiled AI groups? A function/variable to check if a group is being profiled or not?
  2. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

If you log in as an admin you are granted access to debug controls which includes Profiles debug. Darker icons are active profiles while light icons are profiled groups. Was this happening only for vehicles? When vehicles are un-profiled they are teleported to a nearby road.. I ran into an error on some parts of Chernarus where the teleporting of an un-profiled vehicle would put it out of spawn range and it would re-profile. This cycle would contine indefinetely until the player moved into a better spot. I only noticed this in like two areas so unless you are encountering it with a large amount of units then it shouldn't be too big of a problem

As for players being profiled.. not sure what exactly happens if you try to profile a player.. either way, to avoid it, check the Virtual AI System module. If it is set to Virtualize All Synced Units-then dont sync the player to it. If it says Virtualize All Units except Synced ones- then sync all players to the Virtual AI System Module

You could also try expanding the current amount of groups allowed to be spawned in at one time from 5 to something like 15 and then lowering the range zt which profilez spawn in at (I use 1000-1100).

3. Hi SpyderBlack723,

Thank you for your quick reply.

@SpyderBlack723 Was this happening only for vehicles?

Neither man nor vehicle ever spawned. I was able to "enabled profiles debug" and witnessed virtual profiles being teleported far away as soon as players moved in range (800 m).

I did not try to virtualize players. I was worried that player groups were somehow being registered as AI profiles by mistake therefore preventing AI groups from spawning since the active profile limit has been reached by player groups alone.

I will try increasing the allowed number of groups, do some more testing, and post the results here.

Thanks!