Scouting missions

1. 8 years ago

Just getting started with Alive, it seems to provide awesome additional gameplay features to Arma.

As we're normally very few players (2-3) I'm looking for ways that our small group can be more than just part of a bigger force. I'm wondering if there's anything you can do as a scout patrol, just gathering intel on (and staying out of reach of) the enemy, that would actually change the behavior of Military AI Commander and the resulting outcome (without too much scripting, that is)? That would be seriously cool.

2. To my knowledge there isn't much you can do as of right now. But in the future there is the possibility of assigned a task to OPCOM which could allow you to entice your forces to attack areas that you have scouted and are low on defenses.

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/76214

3. That sounds like an interesting idea. I'll look out for that!

4. As Spyder mentioned this has been discussed and I believe is on the roadmap for post 1.0 release features. Assigned tasks would be part of the overall strategy for OPCOM (not just go there, destroy this house), and would affect the outcome of the battle.

Note you can do this now to some extent by interdicting the enemy's supply lines. If you can determine where the enemy HQ is and how reinforcements are being sent to 'the front' you can setup blocking maneuvers or simply harrass/destroy any enemy reinforcements moving to objectives. Try turning Map Intel setting in C2ISTAR module to high or full.

or Sign Up to reply!