multiple factions

1. 8 years ago

Hello so i am having a problem with adding multiple custom factions to the Ai military commander and the other moduels, i am using RHS mod, and i have writting this rhs_faction_usarmy_d, rhs_faction_usmc_d in the override factions, i tryed to use only one of the factions, but its just not as fun when the US army does not have helis and jets, please help!

2. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Try removing the space at the beginning of the second faction, so it reads as
    rhs_faction_usarmy_d,rhs_faction_usmc_d

You will need separate placement modules for each faction though because placement modules seem to only be able to handle one faction.

3. Ah thanks! Ill try and place a separate modul!

4. You could do separate modules but I have another trick.

Use the Marines or the Army..then place down individual jets and Helicopters at key points around the map.

Then go to the ALiVE Virtual AI System module and change it from "only virtualize synced units" to "virtualize all editor placed units". Now you're RHS factions will have air support.

That's the one glaring issue with the RHS factions with ALiVE in that the aircraft won't spawn. So that's my workaround and it works great. Plus I can customize what air units I want and where they are.

I'd also recommend using Massi's unit packs. They work OUTSTANDING on ALiVE and they spawn all units...infantry, tanks, APCs, Helos, Jets, etc.

5. Edited 8 years ago by PillowTalk

I am having an issue around the same thing, trying to use multiple factions on a single placement module:

What happens is, even if I use two vanilla factions on a single placement module like

BLU_F,BLU_G_F (or BLU_F, BLU_G_F)

It, instead, spawns only CSAT units. In order to use multiple factions in the same zones, I need to use multiple placement modules and set them to use only one faction at a time.

6. Placement modules can only handle single factions. It defaults to CSAT if there is an error.

or Sign Up to reply!