Adv. Map Marker

1. 9 years ago

Our group of player do not want to use the ALive map markers and the sound/hint about ALive's map marker every time we put down a Arma map marker is breaking the immersion.

Is there a way do disable the ALive map markers or disable the sound and hint popup?

2. Tupolov

29 Oct 2014 Administrator

Not at the moment, we've just fixed the sound hint.

3. My group would also like to disable the map marker system.

Is there a way to turn it off yet?

4. Tupolov

3 Jan 2015 Administrator

Atm there isn't, but we'd like to know what the issue is with the system? is it the hint appearing?

5. We like using Alive for the performance benefits and love it but we are deploying it in a mission setup to be brutally realistic sans any electronic mapping systems just good old fashion paper maps. I don't mind giving players the option to draw on the map but as it stands the markers are broadcast to the entire team. I'm leaning more towards the functionality that AGM provides where players can copy the maps of other players when they are in close enough proximity.

6. Tupolov

5 Jan 2015 Administrator

thanks, we will look into it.

7. @hazrd We like using Alive for the performance benefits and love it but we are deploying it in a mission setup to be brutally realistic sans any electronic mapping systems just good old fashion paper maps. I don't mind giving players the option to draw on the map but as it stands the markers are broadcast to the entire team. I'm leaning more towards the functionality that AGM provides where players can copy the maps of other players when they are in close enough proximity.

I second this. I'd love to have the ability to broadcast map updates to units that have a tablet of their own, as well as perhaps vehicles with command screens and vehicles. Otherwise, manually copying map updates or receiving updates via the OPREP and SITREP commands would be the only way to share map data.

or Sign Up to reply!