Problem With Transport in Combat Support

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by Corsa1r

So I am still fairly new to ALiVE and its systems, but earlier I got the Transport module synced up with the Combat Support Module and had a Ghosthawk spawn in on a military base for an insurgency mission I made on Clafghan. He's on the helipad and all the commands seem to work fine until there is any kind of contact or engagement with the opfor while he's doing a mission.

For example, I'll jump in at the base and tell him to insert me at a specific location. If at any point during the trek we make contact with enemies, before or after I am inserted (using zealot's fastrope script), I will tell him to RTB, he confirms he will, then mills around until he's shot down or he will land 4.5 km from the base and say he's at 'base.' Seems to happen whether I have his ROE to fire or not.

What am I missing here? Thanks.

2. What other mods are you running? Sounds like something takes control over the heli when "Danger" is triggered.

3. Edited 8 years ago by Corsa1r

Besides ALiVE, AllinArma Standalone, Arma3 MapPack, Caf Aggressors, Mission Control Center Sandbox, R3f Weapons, Most of Massi's unit and weapon packs, RHS Escalation, TRYK's Uniforms, Swedish Forces, French Forces, Joint Rails, Community Upgrade Project, couple other small arms weapon mods.

4. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Test with just CBA and ALiVE enabled. MCC might be causing issues.

5. Thanks, Spyder. I just booted up and previewed the mission without MCC enabled and it acted the same way. Would I for some reason need to start building the mission from scratch due to MCC being active when I first made it or are its assets not integrated into it? Sorry, I don't know much about these things. I will tell him to RTB and last time after he inserted me, he landed right next to me and said he was at base. Then spun up again and milled around the area, firing on nearby enemies.

6. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

I doubt it, if it would have any remnants of MCC left it would throw you an error when loading the mission in the editor. I'm curious, if you give him a move order back to base does he successfully make it back or is it only when you press RTB that he fails to leave the area.

7. If I tell him to land with engine off at base manually, he usually will go, and then when I ask for a sitrep after he lands, he says he's at base in that case as well. But yeah, RTB won't work if we come across hostiles it seems.

8. Edited 8 years ago by SavageCDN

If it's a lot of work to remove other addons to test it might be faster to just whip up a new mission on Clafghan with the CS modules placed and see if it RTBs properly (using just @ALiVE and @CBA_A3). I know in A2 that map had issues with AI controlled aircraft.

9. Thanks, I will check on all this. Quick question, what is the difference between syncing modules and 'grouping' them? Or does grouping not do anything to alive modules?

10. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Don't group any of the ALiVE modules. It can break them and has no special affect anyway.

11. Edited 8 years ago by Corsa1r

Okay so all vanilla, With only ALiVE, CBA, and Clafghan running, NATO/CSAT, it seemed to work fine, at least for the short time I tested it. Now for the grueling process of finding the mod that isn't playing well. Since I'm only using Massi's UK Special Forces, CAF Aggressors, and some weapon arsenal mods for the mission, I wonder if The UK Spec guys aren't fully compatible with ALiVE? I can't imagine what else it would be. I do have a fastrope script attached to choppers (zealot's), I wonder if I should pull that and see if it changes anything.

EDIT: It WAS the fastrope script from zealot that seemed to be causing it, it was the only thing that directly affected choppers. After I pulled it from my mission directory, I went to be inserted, we came under heavy fire, they fired back as I set ROE to, dropped me off, I told pilot to RTB, and they were off, directly to base, where they gave the sitrep when they landed and arrived. I'll continue to test this and make sure it is, in fact, the script.

or Sign Up to reply!