Artillery Support Firing Range

1. 9 years ago

Been loving digging into the ALiVE mod and just want to say great job to the dev team.

The trouble I have been having is getting Artillery Support units to fire from range. Currently I give a mission and the units will move to an extremely close range in order to carry out the fire mission.

How do I have the AI units from the Player Combat Support (Artillery) use the fire computer or generally just fire from range?

Many thanks!

2. Tupolov

29 Oct 2014 Administrator

They shouldn't move unless instructed to do so. Could you provide repro steps? Do they tell you they are out of range?

3. I think I've figured it out. It isn't a max range issue, but a min range issue. If the designated target area for the artillery/mortar is within the minimum range they will move to that spot, do nothing, report splash, and then return to base.

4. Tupolov

30 Oct 2014 Administrator

You got a repro?

5. Edited 9 years ago by Zerbob

I've attached a testing mission file and below will have the steps needed to reproduce: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9kmkryfigweeva/Artillery%2520Testing%2520ALiVE.Stratis.zip?dl=0

1. Called in a strike on far marker. Mission was to fire HE rounds, at Full, 3 rounds.
    -> Strike was carried out as expected, rounds landed on target.

2. Called in a strike on the min range marker at the end of the runway. Same fire mission instructions as before, HE Rounds, Full, 3 Rounds. After a second the Artillery reported they weren't in range and needed to move.

• > I confirmed the move request.
    • > The M4's moved to where the fire mission was requested at the end of the runway.
    • > Artillery reported rounds fired, then rounds complete, and RTB.

I did a similar test using a mortar team and found that the same thing happened, however the minimum range was extremely short (practically on top of them).

6. Tupolov

1 Nov 2014 Administrator

Thanks! Will take a look

or Sign Up to reply!