Questions re; Player Combat Support and C2ISTAR

1. 8 years ago

Hi all, new-ish ALiVE user here with a couple of questions about the Player Combat Support and C2ISTAR modules if anyone could help! I've read through the wiki and googled quite a bit, but not found any satisfactory answers.

For Combat Support, I recently spotted the ability to sync pre-placed units to the module (in my case as Artillery/Mortars) to allow for greater flexibility. For me this is lovely, as it means I can finally place my mortar teams in nice secure dugouts, rather than having to build a huge paddock around where they might spawn, and hoping none spawn under a Hesco... However, it does have the issue that I can't see a way to get a group of mortars to all be controllable under a single callsign like the standard ALiVE-spawned group would be. For instance, if I spawn 3 mortars and group them, no matter whether I sync just the leader or each member to the PCS module they remain separate entities. Any suggestions, or is this a simple limitation of the current mod?

For C2ISTAR, the functionality is a great boon - both the steady generation of missions that players can choose to do, and the ability for players to request specific missions in specific areas if they so wish. However, is it possible to a) blacklist areas? b) restrict the factions available for player-generated missions? I'm getting rather frustrated with it repeatedly spawning military outposts in the middle of my friggen runway xD And it'd be nice if players didn't have to know the particular factions used in the mission so as to avoid creating a mash of random units from different mods moving around.

Ta in advance for any help :)

2. Friznit

13 Aug 2015 Administrator

First is a limitation of BIS funcs for which there's no workaround unfortunately.

Second, it should only spawn missions in OPFOR TAOR. You can blacklist your base as an objective for OPFOR in the placement modules.

Not sure what you mean on factions. You set which faction is OPFOR for missions in the module?

3. C2ISTAR has an auto-generation feature for task where you pre-set the friendly and enemy factions, so you don't have to set the type manually every time. You don't actually have to do anything as it will just send the missions to you.

If you want to restrict it to certain types of missions it's a bit idiosyncratic, but I've found a way to do it. I'll post it here if you like.

4. Friznit:
    Thanks for that first bit of info, that's unfortunate but understandable. As to the OPFOR TAOR, it does indeed only spawn targets in the OPFOR TAOR... but it will spawn BLUFOR outposts in the middle of a runway that is blacklisted for the OPFOR commander. I was hoping there would be some way to directly set a TAOR or blacklist for the C2ISTAR itself, rather than have it try to guess.

Finally, I'm referring to the ability of players in-game to open the C2ISTAR menu through the ALiVE interaction and request new missions - for example if it's a small recon team, they can get C2ISTAR to generate them a mission appropriate for a recon group (such as eliminating an HVT), and choose a location etc, but they also have to choose what faction the mission involves... which is a list of all the factions currently installed. I'd love to be able to limit it so it could only offer factions that have actually placed units, or an explicit whitelist for offered factions. So to be clear, I'm referring to mission generation on request within a running game, rather than the automatic task generation set up in the editor (which works just fine aside from the previously mentioned spawn location issues).

BatSpoggy:
    If you'd let me know about the restriction process, that'd be great. Hopefully I'd be able to use it to place the particular restrictions I want - thanks :)

5. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Maybe for the C2ISTAR faction 'issue', you could dig the factions out of each of the opcoms and then only give the player those factions to pick from. You could also make a list in the C2ISTAR module that the player may choose to fill out and decide which factions may be choos-able in the list.

Just kind of thinking out load on possible ways to go about that if it ever get's changed.

or Sign Up to reply!