Asymmetric

1. 8 years ago

Hi loving the mod, use it all the time :)

Couple of questions....

1. Are there any plans to add a "stop" and "go away" feature to the civilians so we don't have to talk while chasing them? Also Is there any specific thing we should do with arrested civs or just dump them in a makeshift cell?

2. If the insurgents are patrolling in an 8 man squad relaxed, guns down in an area does that basically mean they see themselves as the dominant faction in the area? I'm trying to get more hiding and hit and run tactics from afar so we are fighting ghosts but it feels like I'm fighting an occupation forces?

3. Can I use ASR_AI to give the insurgents better spotting abilities so they engage us at range or will it interfere with how the asymmetric commander bosses them around?

4. I'm having some small issues with ied/suicide.
    If I link the ied module to asymmetric ai and use preview with debug I see suicide civs. When I spawn to them they have a visible suicide vest, sneak around then run up on me and explode. In the mission tho they just stand watching me with an invisible vest and when I search them they have a suicide vest in inventory.
    One other small issues is the ieds. The explosive charge that comes with ace3 fails to detonate the ied but a grenade will det it. Is there a quick sqript fix I can do to fix this or is this already known to you.

5. (Last one lol).
    When we find ied factories, recruitment hq etc do we have to actually level the building to get the positive effect toward civs or can we just pick up the tables etc and blow them in the open somewhere?
    An option to load them into our vics would be a nice addition as I use smaller maps with lower amounts of builings and levelling every factory etc seems a bit over the top when trying to keep the hearts and minds up.

2. 1. Are there any plans to add a "stop" and "go away" feature to the civilians so we don't have to talk while chasing them? Also Is there any specific thing we should do with arrested civs or just dump them in a makeshift cell?

hehe.. the stop feature has been talked about, no idea if it will ever be implemented but yes it would be nice.

2. If the insurgents are patrolling in an 8 man squad relaxed, guns down in an area does that basically mean they see themselves as the dominant faction in the area? I'm trying to get more hiding and hit and run tactics from afar so we are fighting ghosts but it feels like I'm fighting an occupation forces?

Yes, if the insurgents are patrolling in an area that they detect enemies in, they will actually patrol in a stealth behavior as opposed to just walking.

3. Can I use ASR_AI to give the insurgents better spotting abilities so they engage us at range or will it interfere with how the asymmetric commander bosses them around?

ASR is 100% compatible, I use it myself.

4. I'm having some small issues with ied/suicide.
    If I link the ied module to asymmetric ai and use preview with debug I see suicide civs. When I spawn to them they have a visible suicide vest, sneak around then run up on me and explode. In the mission tho they just stand watching me with an invisible vest and when I search them they have a suicide vest in inventory.

The suicide vest isn't always the sign of a suicide bomber. It's also used to allow civilians to secretly carry explosives and do things such as sabotage buildings.

One other small issues is the ieds. The explosive charge that comes with ace3 fails to detonate the ied but a grenade will det it. Is there a quick sqript fix I can do to fix this or is this already known to you.

Not sure about this one, it may be something that ACE3 has to fix. Does it work fine in all other areas of the game, such as blowing up a vanilla explosive that is planted?

5. (Last one lol).
    When we find ied factories, recruitment hq etc do we have to actually level the building to get the positive effect toward civs or can we just pick up the tables etc and blow them in the open somewhere?
    An option to load them into our vics would be a nice addition as I use smaller maps with lower amounts of builings and levelling every factory etc seems a bit over the top when trying to keep the hearts and minds up.

Yes, the handler is tied to the building so if you destroy the building, you "destroy" the installation.

3. Edited 8 years ago by GhostNI

Thanks.
    Ok so if I see a visible suicide vest then they are a suicide bomber. If it's a hidden vest then they are saboteurs?
    I'll try the standard explosive charge rather than the ace3 one to see if it dets ieds.
    Did I read somewhere we can edit the size of the group's of enemy alive spawns in? Leights opfor is currently 8 men in every group it spawns.

One more question....
    Any way we can choose what the ieds spawn in as?
    I don't like the fake looking buckets and litter etc lying around the map. I would like to use the ieds in odds.
    Thanks

4. No you cannot edit the size of the groups, it uses the groups that the mod maker made. And no you can't edit the IED's that spawn.

5. Thanks

or Sign Up to reply!