CAS Module

1. 8 years ago

Hi Guys,

So just wanted your input on the CAS Module. Should this module only be used for Attack Helicopters? Reason why I ask is because I have be fiddling around with it with the A10 and a few other aircraft but when selecting an attack run on troops it saying "engaging" but nothing happens? I guess this might be coded to the plane for it to only fire on vehicles and not troops on the ground?

2. Friznit

15 Aug 2015 Administrator

In theory it should work fine but that depends entirely on ArmA AI. Normally to get planes to engage you have to light up the target with a laser designator.

3. Cheers for this. This worked for the bomb drops. Anyway for the AI to use the GAU-8 on infantry?

4. Anyway for the AI to use the GAU-8 on infantry?

From my experience with making a CAS request system... good luck with that. They would maybe use it once every 30 attack runs and when they did they shot 5 rounds then pulled up.

5. Hmm thought it was the case. cheers guys. I guess I'll just stick to MCC mods gunning runs.

6. Friznit

17 Aug 2015 Administrator

I've been using the Attack Run request in CS with RHS A10s with great success. Lots of braaaaarp. Main difference with MCC is that creates a fake enemy target at the location for the AI to shoot at. Very similar effect to pointing a laser desi at the target location.

7. CS? Im not sure what you mean? This is what i've been looking for if its the case.

8. Edited 8 years ago by PillowTalk

CS = Combat Support; it's how you request the CAS when playing.

I have no problems making CAS a jet. You only need to laze a target for it to drop guided bombs. If you have them do a SAD (Search And Destroy) mission with just the machine gun, they can find and eliminate targets on their own. They might use unguided air-to-surface rockets, too, though I haven't seen it.

9. I have not once seen the CAS Jet use the gau gun on infantry... Its bugging me so much as i love the sound and effect of an A10 gau, brings more atmosphere to the scene.

Fritz, youve said youve had great success, whats the secret haha!

or Sign Up to reply!