Civilians not working right

1. 8 years ago

I am trying to spawn civilians only in certain areas, however, it does not matter what I put in black list, or the other section, they spawn everywhere....

Plz help

2. Double-check you have the TAOR marker names entered correctly in the civ module(s).. otherwise please describe how you have the mission set up, what map/units you are using, etc.

3. Maybe I am putting them in wrong. How am I supposed to go about placing that information in so that only 1 certain town has civilains

4. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Place a marker (rectangle or ellipse) that only covers the town you want to populate, then put that marker's name in the Civilian Placement's TAOR section

5. Edited 8 years ago by spazz21

Ok yes I did this but I am not getting any civs. Even during debug its not showing any population.
    If it does spawn a few civs, its only when I leave it blank that a few will spawn however they are just where ever they feel like it around my radius, not even in the marker. If I just put the marker name it spawns nothing, or tells me no locations placed.
    Right now I am not using anything but civilians on the map, as I want to populate those first and get it out of the way.

Also If I do spawn civs by leaving it blank, I cannot change the amount. No matter what number I play with it only spawns a handful and no more

6. Edited 8 years ago by spazz21

Its telling my I need to include civilan locations within the TAOR marker....Currently the marker is covering EDESSA.....Not sure what to do from here

The marker is called CIV_TAOR_EDESSA, thats what I have placed into the TAOR section, but Im not getting any civs, and getting that error

7. Try increasing the size of the marker, it may not be hitting the spot where the ALiVE objective is at.

8. Edited 8 years ago by spazz21

Ok i did that. Now its not placing any civilians at all, I extended it to 100x100, the entire area is covered. But its not spawing anything

9. Post your mission if possible

10. Edited 8 years ago by spazz21

ok will do
    ALTIS

http://www.speedyshare.com/3aCAz/mission.sqm

11. http://www.mediafire.com/view/hbijs9qdacsf0c3/mission.sqm

Just needed to shift the marker to cover the area where the objective was located.

If in doubt, turn on all debug and increase the marker size to something very large, then look for where the circle is located for the objective in that area.

or Sign Up to reply!