Persistence help needed

1. 8 years ago

Can someone make a video setup on how to make a persistent server please and include in game footage any text documents ive followed just don't work at all

2. This video might help

All you need to do in game while setting up the mission is enable any persistence options in the modules that you want

3. I do that but once in game i lets say move a vehicle save and exit and nothing happens it says saving please wait i wait reload the mission and nothing it puts me back at the respawn and shows no sign of saving a players positions or vehicles positions

in the mean time ill have a look at this video thanks Spyder :D

4. Im also noticing now how do i install those requirements for the server

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
    &
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable

5. Tupolov

20 Sep 2015 Administrator

click on the download links in the server setup page

6. Yes i understand how to download and launch an exe but the set up page says that it needs to be installed on the dedicated server and not my computer any ideas ??? thanks for the comment :D

7. I think the possible main issue is the server not having
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile & Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable anyone know how to install these ?

8. If you aren't able to install it yourself, you might be able to contact user support and either ask for permition to install it or see if they can do it for you. Never used a rented server though so no idea what's all available to you.

9. Alright i will do thanks for the info spyder and Tupolov

10. Well ive reported this to my service provider I doubt ill get a reply but lets say step 1 & 2 is not the issue what else could be ???

11. Are you using any server setup tools such as TADST?

Make sure this step is done correctly (probably one of the more frequent steps to be completed incorrectly)

Download and save the alive.cfg file to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ALiVE OR your Arma 3 root directory. If using AppData, you may need to create the directory yourself if it's not there. Do NOT use your root arma 3 directory AND the AppData\Local\ALiVE directory. Do NOT forget to unblock this file.

Test using a vanilla map and units.. basically don't run any mods to rule out any conflictions

Make sure you have the latest version of your alive.cfg and @aliveserver running (@aliveserver only on server)

12. Edited 8 years ago by The Irish Ace

Well im using a bought server from mark mods and don't use TADST i am familiar with it from my old arma 2 days but im using a bought one i already have the alive.cfg in the corret folder and am running the @aliveserver addon on the server still nothing

how long does it take to save the mission usually ?

13. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Missions on average can take anywere from 10 seconds to 15 minutes (15 being extreme) depending on the amount of data (profiles, objectives, opcoms) that needs to be persisted

14. Also and issue i ran into with my dedicated was the connection ip and the ip aliveserver was trying were different; if you look at the log file for the alive server you can see which ip it is trying to connect to.

15. Tupolov

22 Sep 2015 Administrator
    Edited 8 years ago by Tupolov

Long save times can be caused by zero profiles, OPCOM objectives or an issue with logistics. We always recommend testing one of our stock missions Quick Start first. If that doesn't work, switch on debug in the data module and post the RPT and alive.log here.

or Sign Up to reply!