Asymmetric Kunduz: Too many AI groups and Roadblock Question

1. 8 years ago

Hey guys first off I love your mod and I appreciate the work and support you put in. I downloaded the ALiVE insurgency template that SpyderBlack posted here (http://alivemod.com/forum/1076-playing-kunduz-alive-sp-help/0) and basically kept it the same besides for tweaking a few minor things; I'm using the CAF aggressors, starting with two small groups and I set the Virtual profile speed to 50%. I also set the CIV OBJ size filter to ignore small objectives. Basically when I tested it in my editor the growth of the insurgency seemed to be normal...perhaps 10-15 groups after one in-game hour. However when I loaded it up on my dedicated server and played it for 2-3 in-game hours there were well-over 300 AI groups. Is this just a result of exponential growth or is something funky happening? In any case is there a way to limit the total amount of groups? the override group setting in the placement module doesn't seem to do much, maybe I'm using it wrong.

My second question has to do with the roadblocks. Now the setting for roadblocks is set to none but I'm still getting roadblocks in-game. I don't mind the smaller ones with tires and sandbags but I would like to get rid of the big camps and ones with the XM32 machine guns, any way to blacklist or remove all roadblocks entirely?

Lastly I'm assuming that disabling the AI commander persistence would prevent the AI from growing while there are no players on the server?

2. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

There are few things in the next update that will help,

The recruitment rate of insurgents will be slower of hostility towards the insurgents are higher.

[Bug] Recruitment HQ's will stop recruiting groups if they are destroyed

Roadblocks built via asymmetric can't be dsiabled atm. You can see a solution to stop it from spawning large roadblocks here

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/159708-alive-advanced-light-infantry-virtual-environment/page-331#entry2918737

There will also be an option to pause modules when there are no players on the server.

3. Friznit

29 Sep 2015 Administrator

Meanwhile, asymmetric groups are recruited from civilians. Fewer civs means fewer recruits. Reduce the amount in Civ Placement module and you should see less proliferation.

4. Ok got it, thanks for the replies guys, really looking forward to the next update!

or Sign Up to reply!