Persistence Workaround?

1. 8 years ago

Is there any sort of workaround to maintain some level of persistence without a dedicated server? Possibly saving the server state in the same way you save as a player?

My group wants to do something that will really be pointless without persistence and we unfortunately can't afford to get a dedicated server with enough power yet.

2. Using a local server will work (and will often boost your performance as opposed to dropping it). As for lowering the amount of data saved, only enabling some persistence options on some modules but not others should help a bit.

3. Are you saying we would have to host our missions from a local server as opposed to a virtual one we pay for now, or in conjunction with it?

4. The way I (and many others) do it is by running a dedicated server from the same computer we play on, saving it when the missions over, then shutting the server down when everyone is done playing. Persistence works fine for this mehod. The only downsides being it isn't online 24/7.

5. What do you mean by saving it, ( Server Save or Player Save ). I seem to have a problem saving. Any objects I save i.e FOBS I create etc do not seem to save. Have set all the params for ALiVE Warroom and everything connects ok, but no proper save. Modules setup correct and latest ALiVE Server and config, with correct folders and says connect on start of mission.

Have my own server setup on separate computer which runs mission fine, just no saving on any objects I place within the mission.

Use r3f logistics and have changed settings for that too.

6. Edited 8 years ago by flopchop

Place the Alive (Required) module as normal but name it LOGIC_ALIVE

Then add the line in R3F_LOG\objet_deplacable\relacher.sqf at line 12:

[LOGIC_ALIVE,"updateObject",[R3F_LOG_joueur_deplace_objet]] call ALIVE_fnc_logistics;

7. I am running " Royal Marines Kunduz" from steam workshop.

8. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Please note that the R3F logistics method isn't guaranteed to work. It was written a long time ago (updates could have broken it) and lately there have been several mentions of it not functioning properly.

By saving, I mean the admin "Server Save and Exit" button in the escape screen.

9. I save by the server admin after pressing escape. The ALiVE Logistics don't offer much in the way of building ( limited options - objects ). I just want to be able to build FOBS etc during my mission and have them stay in place throughout the mission.

10. Have been watching this Youtuber and he don't seem to have a problem using R3F......

11. What would you advise for me to use for making FOBs for this this mission then please?

or Sign Up to reply!