Asymmetric Objectives not saving

1. 8 years ago

The problem I'm encountering with ALiVE Persistence is the fact that whenever I save and exit the server by hitting the appropriate button, I'll reload the mission at a different time and my position, player state, and even the positions of enemies will save, but Asymmetric installations and objectives don't. Everything even is registered perfectly on the War Room, but the installations just disappear when I use the admin debug to find them whenever I reload the mission without restarting its progress.

I use TADST to run my dedicated server. I have insured that all modules are set to persistent and replaced the ALiVE data module, and I can't seem to find anyone else with a problem such as mine, though I may just have not looked hard enough, which I will continue to do.

2. How are you even able to save your player state and the position of enemies?

3. Because I'm connected to the war room and it says everything is working smoothly?

Everything BUT objectives and installations saved. If I knew why, I wouldn't really be here. I'll be posting the RPT and everything once I am home from school, but I was hoping if a basic issue that I missed might be causing it.

4. 7 years ago

You are not alone, I have the same problem- everything saves but the Asymmetric Installations and objectives save.

Maybe someone has an idea? johnny0964, did you ever resolve it yourself??

Thanks,
    louderthanu

5. @louderthanu You are not alone, I have the same problem- everything saves but the Asymmetric Installations and objectives save.

Maybe someone has an idea? johnny0964, did you ever resolve it yourself??

Thanks,
    louderthanu

Can you post your server rpt from time of save and from time of load (I can't read them but the experts can)? Also, it may not hurt to post the mission here.

What would be cool is if you could debug the installations and virtual AI module and then take a photo of the in-game map right before you save. Then do the same immediately after you load so we can see what's changing.

Someone else reported this a week or so ago and it ended up being the mission itself. Remember, lots of modules would need persistence set to yes, including the virtual AI module and the military AI commander modules and quite a few others for everything to stick.

or Sign Up to reply!