Installing Remotely

1. 8 years ago

So I have a control panel for a dedicated server, and to make sure I'm doing this right, to install ALiVE on my server, I need to upload @ALiVEserver to my server and put it in a command line with CBA. Then after this all I have to do is configure it with War Room, which my server provider gave me a hostname for... right?

2. Edit, when I follow the directions on making a new server in ALiVE war room, my server logs say You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted...

@AliveServer and @CBA are running on the server, I don't know what else I need

3. I'm guessing something is up with the new update, right?

4. Make sure you are running all of the mods on the server that are required to start the mission.
    ex. If you are using RHS units in the mission, the server needs to have RHS loaded as well.

5. The deleted content was ALIVE modules, but the mod was running on the server, along with @CBA. I'll probably wait for the update then...

6. Probably a dumb question but you are running @ALiVE on the server too, right? What happens when you run only @ALiVE, @CBA on the client and @ALiVE, @Aliveserver, and @CBA on the server? Try doing this with one of the vanilla mission templates stickied here and report back please.

7. Edited 8 years ago by Not_Oliver

Hey, turns out my FTP lost a few files, but I fixed it and joined my server! Just a few last questions :)

1. When I started my mission, it wasn't indicated on war room, are there any obvious solutions I looked over?

2. Do all the people that I want to invite need a war room account?

Thanks

EDIT: I'm playing operation landlord, with the AI added, also looked around, how important is war room / is it 100% necessary?

8. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

War Room is 100% necessary for persistence.

Some simple troubleshooting would be to make sure your server name in TADST is exactly the same as the one you called it in War Room. For simplicity sake I give all of my TADST profiles the same sever name so I don't have to change it with every mission I run. This is on the very top line in TADST called "Server Name."

Also, the IP address in War Room needs tone your external IP. You can find this on whatsmyip.org

When you start the mission, you should see a notification that your profile has been loaded through alivemod.com. If you see the message, persistence is working.

Regarding other players needing an account I can't say. The mission would probably persist without it as long as you have one (as admin) but obviously their profiles wouldn't persist so it would be a good idea for them to sign up.

9. Deleted 8 years ago by Not_Oliver
  10. Deleted 8 years ago by Not_Oliver
  11. Edited 8 years ago by Not_Oliver

update, hostname was different and now I get a message that I am logged into alive, and see -image- in my mission, but it still doesn't show up on war room

my statistics on war room are updating from a while ago as well

I'm not positive, but I think I am fully connected and everything but something is wrong when war room updates. :\ I think persistence works now?

12. Edited 8 years ago by Not_Oliver

final update, I think persistence works fine now, but I don't see anything on the war room map happening

I can see stats and starting/ending operations on my profile, but not here
    -image-

13. Where did that screen capture two posts up come from? I've never seen anything like that? Is that from clicking your operation on the War Room site?

I honestly haven't logged into War Room since I was pretty certain things were persisting for me, but yeah, I couldn't see things like an active battlefield map on there either.

The only way I really test persistence now is just to launch the server, start the mission, make sure I'm greeted with the Alive.com Profile message, run around for a bit, check the time of day and lay down some alive markers, save and load.

If the time of day and markers show up, I assume everything is working right.

As you can see my methods are very unscientific. :)

or Sign Up to reply!