CBA's Rewrite of Extended Event Handlers

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by dixon13

According to this pull request: https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/pull/226

CBA will be a lot easier to make XEH compatible with other mods. CBA's 'enable auto XEH' PBO will be removed because the overhaul to XEH doesn't require that PBO anymore if you have a mod that doesn't support CBA's XEH. This was done by using the new EventHandlers sub-class for Arma 3.

2. So does that mean I won't have to move the xeh PBO and it's bisign over from optional to Addons from now on and that it will work automatically? Meaning I can safely subscribe to the Workshop version?

3. Yes it's a miracle and all thanks to commy2 from CBA/ACE team. As long as the addon maker uses the sub-class 'EventHandler' for his/her mod then it should work properly, which they regularly should if they are attaching event handlers to a class.

4. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Ok. Thanks. Commy is a great guy. I opened a ticket on BIS feedback tracker and he's helping me more than BIS. LOL!

The way you're describing this is that old mods which may rely on this change could break. I made the xeh change so long ago I can't even remember which mods require it any more. Is it just ACE regarding the more popular mods that needed this? Or was it my faction mods (like CAF Aggressors? God I hope not as CAF isn't being supported anymore).

5. Edited 8 years ago by dixon13

Mods that attach an event handler to certain classes will be compatible with CBA's XEH. I don't know if CAF Aggressors uses event handlers but it could be effected, not sure.

6. Deleted 8 years ago by dixon13
  7. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Could be wrong but, if I remember correctly, CAF does utilize EH's to randomize weapons a bit.

or Sign Up to reply!