Server Freezing w/o ACE

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by JerkinMerkin

This is a follow-up to my post on the BI forums.

Hi guys, I know others have been reporting this already, but it seems that ALiVE is causing dedicated servers to freeze up. With ACE it freezes after 10 min to 1 hour. I have recently tested only running @ACE, @CBA, and @AliveServer and the server froze at 7 hours 30 min. I should note that the freeze happens when units begin to spawn in, it will not freeze if one is just running the server and nothing is happening. So it seems as tho ACE is not the problem, it just makes the problem worse.

This is what is spammed in my RPT at the time of the crash:

11:32:51 Server: Network message 839f is pending
    11:32:51 Server: Network message 839f is pending
    11:32:51 Server: Network message 83a0 is pending
    11:32:51 Server: Network message 83a1 is pending
    11:32:51 Server: Network message 83ad is pending
    11:32:51 Server: Network message 83b6 is pending

Mission File:

Arma 3 RPT:

ALiVE Plugin Log:

My community has not had this problem in the past, it only seemed to just start happening in the recent weeks, possibly after the 1.54 update. Based on some research, this issue may not be due to ALiVE but perhaps a memory leak was introduced in 1.54, and ALiVE is simply making this problem more apparent. Figured I might as well bring it to your guys attention anyways with the hopes there might have a fix. Thanks for all your hard work, ALiVE team!

2. Deleted 8 years ago by Tupolov
  3. Tupolov

17 Feb 2016 Administrator

Thanks for the report. Indeed we have also now repro'd without ACE, server gave up after 48 hours.

While freezing and server lockups are bad, 7-48 hours is probably acceptable at the moment (although we absolutely acknowledge and want to deal with the issue).

or Sign Up to reply!