Zeus Stops Working - Operation Landlord (SOLVED)

1. 8 years ago

I recently downloaded the sample mission Operation Landlord since I wanted to play with the auto-generated objects ALiVE provides. All of that is working really well.

I'm running the scenario as a multiplayer map so I can respawn, and I edited the map in the 2D editor to add a Zeus module to the host. It works, but only for a little while. I'm running into a problem where after a period of time, somewhere between 10 and 30 minutes, Zeus stops working. Pressing Y does nothing. Could this be related to something ALiVE is doing in the background? Is there some way to get Zeus powers directly through ALiVE?

Thank you!

2. Could be related to a few other issues that have cropped up with the recent A3 and CBA updates. Do you get a script error on screen when this happens? (you need to have -showScriptErrors enabled for them to appear on screen).

3. I set it to- showScriptErrors before trying again tonight. I was able to play for quite a while this time before running into the issue. No script error appeared when the issue finally did. I think it may be related to respawning or joining squads spawned in by Zeus, but it certainly could be related to to all of the updates. Is there some different way I can setup Zeus like maybe an object I can interact with to grant Zeus powers?

4. I don't think so... try again with errors showing and hopefully you'll see when it's happening. You could also post the RPT file which might have more info (found in \username\appdata\local\arma 3).

5. I appreciate your assistance! I'll try again tonight.

Also here is the RPT file from the last time: HERE

6. Did you sync the Zeus module directly to the player?

If so, switching units may remove the Zeus 'action' from being available.

7. Sync directly to the player as in UID? Originally I was using #adminLogged to give it to myself as host. I tried using my UID this last time and I didn't run into the issue so that might have done it. Still uncertain what happened the first few times to make Zeus powers vanish.

8. I mean, if you sync the Zeus module to a unit, switching units would remove the ability to use that action. So if you use UID the action would always stay available.

or Sign Up to reply!