Player Combat Logistics indep groups recruitment blank

1. 8 years ago

Hi there!

I started playing around with the Player Combat Logistics module to add to a mission that i'm currently working on and was confused to find that the groups recruitment for the independent side is blank. At first i thought it had something to do with the fact i was using massi's African Conflict mod and it may be confined to that but after some testing of all the factions and then when disabling and even removing the mods to test the PCL module with vanilla Arma the issue was still apparent.

I was able to conclude that in my current installation of the game and Alive that with a Player Combat Logistics module properly set up (There is an AI Commander synched to an Objective and Military logistics module with the appropriate factions set, A Requires Alive module is present, A Virtual AI System is present, A Player Combat Logistics module is present, There are no mods apart from CBA and ALiVE) that :-

NATO and CSAT work as expected
    AAF: Supply list works as expected, Recruitment of Individuals works as expected, Recruitment of Groups is blank.

I tried to find if anyone else was having a similar problem on the interwebs or if this is normal behavior but alas i couldn't so i'm asking instead.

I won't include the African Conflict problems (with the Player Combat Logistics, the mod itself is awesome); i think i've spieled enough and it's a different mod :P

..though i do have another quick question : Would anyone happen to know the Object Class name of the object spawned when a Insurgent Recruitment HQ is spawned? I wanna see if i can add an addAction to it's init using the code from the Snippets page on the wiki

Thanks anyone reading! This mod is amazing!

2. Will try to repro the issues you described, thanks for the report.

..though i do have another quick question : Would anyone happen to know the Object Class name of the object spawned when a Insurgent Recruitment HQ is spawned? I wanna see if i can add an addAction to it's init using the code from the Snippets page on the wiki

I tried this, it doesn't really seem possible using XEH from the wiki. However, I do have another approach that seems to work quite well. I'll try to lay out an example tomorrow as I'm running out of time for now.

3. Thanks Spyder! looking forward to your example :)

4. *BUMP*

5. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

@RedHebridean

Wow I botched this one lol, my bad!

Example:

You're going to want to create a function (function NOT script). For the sake of this example, I'll name that function, random_fnc_function (creative, I know)

Inside random_fnc_function, you'll want to have the following setup

https://gist.github.com/SpyderBlack723/ae80fd295ee17dc0d2f5e189fa3f528a

The only thing you need to change is

the #define MAINCLASS random_fnc_function line, change random_fnc_function to whatever you rename this function file to.

And, line 17

Change ["EAST"] in [_logic,"sides", ["EAST"]] call ALiVE_fnc_hashSet; to whichever side the the asymmetric commander controls in your mission. So, if you are using BLU_G_F as the asymmetric faction, you would change line 17 to this [_logic,"sides", ["WEST"]] call ALiVE_fnc_hashSet;

After that, the function should be configured properly.

All you need to do is navigate to line 58 and replace _x addAction ["",{}]; // Add your custom action here with your custom action. This action should be added to all mapboards that are created by insurgents.

6. Thanks Spyder

7. Thank you

or Sign Up to reply!