Problem using 2 faction names with the Civilian Placement module (SOLVED)

1. 8 years ago

I love this awesome mod! I have been making my own missions, but I think with this mod is easier and faster.

Anyway, I think I have found a bug with the Civilian placement module. If try to set 2 differents sets o f civilians using their faction names separated by commas, neither one works and all the civilians use the CIV_F.

If I use only one class name I have no problem, and the module works fine. This have been tested with the civilians from MiddleEastWarfare mod by massi. I used the faction names:
    Takistan Civilian (CIV): mas_med_civ
    Middle East Civilian (CIV): mas_med_cim

2. A dev will have to verify but I don't think it's possible to use two civilian factions.

What happens if you place a second module down and use the other faction there?

3. If I use a second module it works!

4. Nice! I did something good! :)

5. I have the same problem with Military AI Placement. I can´t use two different models or factions within the same module using commas.

6. There is a big problem if you use two different modules in the same area, because the objects placements can be the same and there would be a lot of explosions...

7. This is intended behavior because it simplifies placement of units/vehicles/supply boxes etc. If you want to have objects spawn and not blow up, just turn it off for one of the modules and leave it one for the others so there is no overlap.

8. Ok, could I use two factions in the same module? It doesn´t work if I use commas to separate two different factions (I want to use UN Forces with USA)

9. No, they are meant to be used with one faction each. If you need to have two, just copy the placement module and change it so that the second one does not spawn ambient air/crates so that there is no overlapping placement in that regard.

or Sign Up to reply!