Persistence of objects in a mission

1. 9 years ago

I'm trying to build a persistent mission for our group that allows people to set up their own FOB's out in the field. What I can't get working is the storing of these items such as bunkers and barriers etc so that we can restart the server and not have to rebuild everything.

Is this even possible with Alive at this point?

Also, is it possible to set up an auto-save to the database without using the Save and Exit option?

2. Friznit

21 Nov 2014 Administrator

Yes it's possible and works well with ALiVE logistics module.

Autosave doesn't work so well yet though. Save and Exit is still the only reliably way of ensuring it saves to DB.

3. So I need the logistics module enabled and persistence turned on for it? That will then track the locations of structures we add?

Just so that I am clear on how to make sure it all works and so that my guys don't murder me next time they lose 3 hours of base building, this is what I am doing when I save the server:

1. Admin Actions ->Profile all non profiled units
    2. Server save and Exit (Admin only)

Then with the logistics module enabled for persistence it should reload everything?

4. Tupolov

22 Nov 2014 Administrator

1. Is not needed

Logistics will save any objects that have been moved

Have you got the database module placed?

5. I trimmed down my mission to make the saving and loading faster and did some testing today. I should have pointed out in the original post that we use R3F Logistics and the Creation Factory to obtain all the equipment etc we need in the mission.

I have found the following:
    If you use R3F Logistics to move the objects then the Alive Logistics module doesn't recognise them.
    Once you use Alive Logistics to carry and then drop the object the module registers the object and persistence works.

My question is now, can Alive register the object via R3F move and carry instead of needing to use the Alive Logistics? R3F lets us put sandbags on rocks, or double stack sandbag walls etc which is really useful when you are building a FOB while Alive Logistics snaps everything to ground level when you drop it so an object placed on a rock disappears under the rock.

6. madbull from R3F posted this fix on the Bohemia forums for me :)
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180049-R3F-Logistics&p=2826015&viewfull=1#post2826015

I read the code of the logistics alive module. The solution could be to add this kind of code when creating and moving an object with Zeus or R3F logistics :
    Code:
    [LOGIC_ALIVE,"updateObject",[_moved_or_created_object]] call ALIVE_fnc_logistics;

If you are interested, you can try to add this line in R3F_LOG\objet_deplacable\relacher.sqf at line 12 :

Code:
    [LOGIC_ALIVE,"updateObject",[R3F_LOG_joueur_deplace_objet]] call ALIVE_fnc_logistics;
    It should save the object to the database when your release a movable object.
    You must name your Alive(Required) module as : LOGIC_ALIVE

7. May I ask what Exactly Line 12 is?

/**

• Passe la variable R3F_LOG_joueur_deplace_objet à objNull pour informer le script "deplacer" d'arrêter de déplacer l'objet
    • /

if (R3F_LOG_mutex_local_verrou) then
    {
    hintC STR_R3F_LOG_mutex_action_en_cours;
    }
    else
    {
    R3F_LOG_mutex_local_verrou = true;

R3F_LOG_joueur_deplace_objet = objNull;
    sleep 0.25;

R3F_LOG_mutex_local_verrou = false;
    };

8. Friznit

17 Apr 2015 Administrator

Open it in something like Notepad++ which has line numbers.

9. Thank you. :)

or Sign Up to reply!