Suddenly persistence and profile loading not working (SOLVED)

1. 8 years ago

Here's a rpt file. Since you guys and BIS updated, I can't get my PC talking with War Room any more:

http://pastebin.com/Gaik4zDb

I'll go back in and see if deleting and replacing some modules will work. But so far, I have redownloaded ALiVE, tried the @aliveserver file from your main site and the other link from the War Room server setup page, replaced alive.cfg, verified my external IP, rechecked my server and hostnames and no dice. Was all working perfectly two days ago. Haven't had a problem with this in a long time but I'm stuck.

2. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Thanks HH. I wonder what it could be then? I don't know if you can tell my War Room account info from my rpt, but this is the same exact mission that shows on your website from a few days ago (before yours and BIS's update). I didn't change anything.

It's not that I'm looking for persisting elements and not seeing them; I read about the new bug. My profile data is not even popping up on the top right of the screen on mission start, the mission is not being reported to War Room, etc. This is happening on multiple missions that all persisted and communicated to War Room before the update.

I'll go ahead and delete and replace the Virtual AI module (and I've never used the System Data module before, is that needed for persistence or just troubleshooting?). Hopefully that works. Otherwise I'll try one of your sample missions and share it with you guys so you can look at the modules themselves and make sure I'm not missing turning something on.

EDIT: Wait a sec...

My mission showed up in War Room! WTF? LOL! What happened to the on screen player profile message that you get when starting a mission?

Wow. Sorry for the confusion. Did you guys remove the on-screen display message? I like that. Sort of reassuring like a blanky or warm milk. :)

3. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Ok so I think one part that is confusing me is that on my profile page, War Room says I last played 14 hours ago but on my group page, it says my last operation was 3 days ago. So I guess there must be something going on there so I think this is part of where the confusion is.

But I still don't see the 'your profile has been successfully loaded from War Doom' message on my screen when I start/continue a mission so I still really can't tell if I have a problem or not. Was that removed?

4. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Ok so I edited the link in the post above to hopefully show two photos from War Room just now. One showing my profile being reported to War Room 15 hours ago and the other showing my last operation was 3 days ago. If it's not working I'll send some new links.

EDIT: I guess my phone likes to name all photos the same name so I can't link two pictures. The other was a photo showing my Profile signature saying my last operation was 15 hours ago.