Suddenly persistence and profile loading not working (SOLVED)

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

If you load the mission up the editor is persistence enabled? I can't remember if that version of the mission even have persistence enabled.

3. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I've tried loading two of my missions that have persisted in the past via TADST since the update. If I'm reading War Room correctly, the one rpt I linked last night on Reshmaan Province was technically successfully reported as an Operation on the website...

Or was it? I can't tell. So first things first I guess I'd like confirmation that test server save and exit I did was successful if I could (sorry I really hate bothering you guys).

As for the mission and missions themselves, yes they all have and always have had full persistence enabled. Not only via Player Data and the ALiVE Data module, but also Persistence enabled in the Virtual AI module, the C2ISTAR, CQB and Military Commander modules.

I'm wondering if just so I can narrow it down, if someone could link me a basic mission with Persistence 100% working. If there is an issue, it might be TADST so I'd like to rule that in/out.

Or it could be a specific faulty module. Or maybe everything is working fine and the Player Profile data message has been removed. I really can't tell.

4. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

OT but what mission do you think I'm playing? This is something I've been making for a few months (which won't look like it when it's done. Trust me on that :( ).

Or were you talking about what you saw in the rpt file? If it's showing persistence is turned off, then yeah I'd need to delete and readd some more modules.

5. I was thinking of a different mission, but now I know ;)

Wow. Sorry for the confusion. Did you guys remove the on-screen display message? I like that. Sort of reassuring like a blanky or warm milk. :)

Btw not removed

6. Ok so if my profile data isn't being loaded, but my mission is being reported to War Room, what does that mean? Am I misinterpreting this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgay3gk1yhl6vzl/image.png?dl=0

I wonder why the player data info message isn't happening?

7. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Ok so I edited the link in the post above to hopefully show two photos from War Room just now. One showing my profile being reported to War Room 15 hours ago and the other showing my last operation was 3 days ago. If it's not working I'll send some new links.

EDIT: I guess my phone likes to name all photos the same name so I can't link two pictures. The other was a photo showing my Profile signature saying my last operation was 15 hours ago.

8. Tupolov

24 Apr 2016 Administrator
    Edited 8 years ago by Tupolov

Two issues we are looking at:

1. On mission start players are not restored. WORKAROUND: You need to disconnect and reconnect to be restored.
    2. Our plugin reporting events is running out of threads. WORKAROUND: You need to restart your arma server instance before running a mission.
  9. So I think I've done these workarounds correctly. My mission is showing up on War Room but I still don't see the profile data on-screen-display message that you get greeted with on mission start/continue. Made a new mission from scratch and no dice.

10. Tupolov

25 Apr 2016 Administrator

Disconnect and reconnect and you should see the profile message

11. Thanks Tupolov.

12. Not sure if it's relevant, but last night I thought server persistence was broken as the sitreps weren't showing after I logged in, but my character was in a position that was saved. Then I found that other people could see the map sitreps and after I logged in again i could see them too. So it seems the persistence is more entwined than I thought but the breaks are not entirely consistent either.

13. ^ yep we've noticed the same.. disco/reco seems to fix these issues for now

14. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I'm glad this is being looked at but just for the record, disconnecting and reconnecting is not giving me the Profile load on-screen pop up.

Am I the only one using TADST? Maybe that's the problem?

15. Loading in/out has been fixed internally

16. I've been having extremely long load in times on my ALIVE server since the last patch. Might this be related to the issue in this thread?

17. Could be... you are referring to how long it takes to load back the mission from the last save? Or how long it takes to initialize the mission at start?

18. I'm talking, server is up after starting mission from a save (normal load times for that 5-10 minutes or so for full INIT), and join the server.

Once slot is picked, and I go to load into the mission.... I will freeze up partway through loading and it can take me another 2-5 minutes for it to load. Screen will completely freeze and if I ALT-TAB out it shows Arma as unresponsive.
    I have to let it just sit and eventually it will resume and load in.
    It's not just me, but other unit members are having the same problem this week after 1.58.

19. I've actually had the alt+tab issue recently. Not a big deal; it's easy enough for me to just not do but yeah I've seen that too.

20. You know what...

I read about -nopause for the first time yesterday. I wondering if running that would alleviate the alt+tab issue?

21. I use -nopause all the time for testing as I can tab out and do something else waiting for results

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!