ALiVE_Tablet: using Intel->Unit Marking produces error message (fix in the works)

1. 8 years ago

After updating to @ALiVE 1.0.4.1604212 from @ALiVE 1.0.2.1603251 using the ALiVE_Tablet's Unit Marking function in the Intel section I'm getting the following error message:

18:40:13 Error in expression <","_default","_result"];

_hash = _this select 0;
    _key = _this select 1;

if (i>
    18:40:13   Error position: <select 0;
    _key = _this select 1;

if (i>
    18:40:13   Error select: Type Bool, expected Array,String,Config entry
    18:40:13 File x\alive\addons\x_lib\functions\data\fnc_hashGet.sqf, line 36

It is possible to reproduce this error through the in-game editor or using a dedicated server.
    Here's how the error is displayed when tested through the editor:

-image-

Tested with Arma3 1.58.135656, @CBA_A3 2.3.1.160220 and @ALiVE 1.0.4.1604212

2. Which faction are you using? And can you share the mission file please?

I cannot reproduce in SP or on Dedi

3. I'm using OPFOR/CSAT.

I don't really use any of these "modern channels" for file distribution. For now I've got only IRC off the top of my head. Surely if you got something to suggest?

4. Dropbox tends to be my method file distribution of choice.

If the mission is script-less and the mission.sqf isn't too large, you could also try copy-pasting the mission.sqm to a site such as pastebin

5. Heh, well damn. Do I need another site with login credentials and another password-username combination to remember :)

I guess you DO know to what kind of gibberish the mission.sqm holds these days after the Eden update?

But you could try if this works (set to 1 hour expiration): http://pastebin.com/UYn2648j

6. Or you could join the dedicated server that is running the mission just now and download/test it from there. Server info is in the PM addressed to you Spyder. The server is using mods @CBA_A3 2.3.1.160220 and @ALiVE 1.0.4.1604212

7. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

I joined the server and could not even get unit marking to return any data from the server, so presumably that is where the issue occurs (on the server). All other functions work as expected for me.

Unfortunately the error

18:40:13   Error select: Type Bool, expected Array,String,Config entry
    18:40:13 File x\alive\addons\x_lib\functions\data\fnc_hashGet.sqf, line 36

Offers nearly no information other than something is corrupted.

8. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I get a type Bool error in one of my missions too. I had a hunch it was caused by 3Den Enhanced but when I ran it past R3vo, although he said he had seen that error too, he couldn't pinpoint what the cause was. And he's a very good scripter/mod maker/all around dude on the forums.

Gotta love BIS vagueness. "You were kicked off the game" is my personal favorite. Like no crap BIS. I can see that. I'm sitting on the desktop. :)

9. @HeroesandvillainsOS&nbsp; Does Unit Marking in the intel tablet work for you?

10. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Which feature are you taking about? The activate all unit markers debug option from the tablet? If so, yes.

11. If you go through the ALiVE Menu

ALiVE Menu >> Commander Actions >> Intel >> Unit Marking

12. @SpyderBlack723 All of a sudden I had a Dropbox account.. all this time. Sent the link your way Spyder via PM.

13. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yes that is working fine. I limit it to just show my side and show my side it does. :)

I'll double check for sure though because it may have been a few days since I used that feature.

14. Good news, I can reproduce the error with that mission file. Will work on a fix.

15. Edited 8 years ago by Asmodeus

@SpyderBlack723 Good news, I can reproduce the error with that mission file. Will work on a fix.

Well, that's witchcraft of some sorts. For some the functionality works a'ok and apparently for some it doesn't, but either way you're still ready with a fix ^^

16. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Honestly have no clue what's happening in this mission, it seems really corrupt somehow.

I have managed to stop the error from occurring but was unable to get it to work.

Then on a whim I replaced the Required, Virtual AI, C2ISTAR, Player Options, and Combat Logistics modules and it worked without any issues.

So yeah, no idea how the mission was so messed up (Just Eden things), but replacing the modules seems to do the trick. Let me know if it doesn't.

17. Thanks Spyder.

Got time today to do some testing with ALiVE again such as longplay a mission of mine for testing purposes, so will probably have also time to create a fresh test mission and see if this problem will persist.

18. @SpyderBlack723 Then on a whim I replaced the Required, Virtual AI, C2ISTAR, Player Options, and Combat Logistics modules and it worked without any issues.

^ This did help all right.

I did create another mission from scratch for testing purpose and also with that the error was displayed. FYI I only placed ALiVE (required), VIrtual AI, C2ISTAR and then one TAOR for both factions with one AI commander.

After getting the error message I went to remove those three modules (ALiVE (required), VIrtual AI, C2ISTAR) and replace them again without touching any of the options within them. Another test and this time without the error + the markings were displayed for all the spawned profiles.

Not happy with this amount of testing though. Might there be a possibility that placing the stuff in certain order creates this situation.. or maybe changing some option within any of the modules(?). It's got to be something.

19. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Not happy with this amount of testing though. Might there be a possibility that placing the stuff in certain order creates this situation.. or maybe changing some option within any of the modules(?). It's got to be something.

Yeah no clue honestly, make sure you don't copy paste any modules... EDEN doesn't like that :)

20. Edited 7 years ago by Asmodeus

Selecting Faction for the Limit Intel: option in Player Command/Control (C2ISTAR) module is what brings up this error message (+ the unit markings won't be displayed) whereas the other two available ones (Side & All) don't.

For testing purposes create a small sample mission by placing the ALiVE (required), ALiVE Virtual AI System and Player Command/Control (C2ISTAR) modules, one TAOR marker with Military placement module next to it and at least commander for the side/faction you're testing from. You can leave pretty much everything unchanged in the modules except for the Limit Intel: option in Player Command/Control (C2ISTAR) which needs to be changed to Faction.

Tested with Arma3 1.58.135742, @CBA_A3 2.3.1.160220 and @ALiVE 1.0.5.1605051 (problem got carried over from Arma3 1.58.135656 and @ALiVE 1.0.4.1604212)

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!