AI Skill Module

1. 7 years ago

So since I'm pretty certain my recent grouped AI control issues were due to using Pooter's ASR AI (not totally positive but pretty sure), is this module a viable alternative for just bringing AI shooting accuracy down a tad or would I be just better off trying another AI mod?

With changes BIS made to difficulty and whatnot I'm also unsure whether this module still works or is being supported.

2. You could try regular @ASR_AI - perhaps it doesn't suffer from the same issues as Pooter's

3. Just read this:

since 1.58 patch update TADST can launch a server but configuring not working (difficulty, no 3rd person, Ai setting......)

Not sure if there has been an update to TADST since 1.58

4. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@SavageCDN You could try regular @ASR_AI - perhaps it doesn't suffer from the same issues as Pooter's

Yes this is definitely next on my to-do list but ultimately trying to keep my load order small if possible. Getting burnt out on rpt spam TBH and I'm not savvy enough to fix stuff on my own (easier...and suckier... to just remove mods and scripts).

I have a plan on releasing a bunch of insurgency missions here soon and would rather keep the 'make sure to run -nologs' requirement out of my mission descriptions. Was hoping I could make the insurgents shoot more like insurgents via ALiVE. But I do love how ASR mods alter the behavior too. It's awesome being flanked. :) Just sick of the bugs that come every time I add in a new mod or feature.

But yes, I'll try it. Robalo does good work and it's been awhile since I used his.

5. @SavageCDN Just read this:

Not sure if there has been an update to TADST since 1.58

I'm not expecting there to be an update in all honesty. He hasn't been on in forever and his Facebook page shows he's a super happy guy in real life making music. Which is amazing so I wouldn't blame him for staying away from the BIS shit-show of broken updates.

I have no clue how to make my own server either and the wiki on it makes my head freaking spin. :( I really wish people would write on there in English. LOL!

6. I used Pooter's version at some point, not with ALiVE though. Then I don't know what happened (or probably: raptoer was seemingly giving up on further developing his/hers version) so I switched back to Robalo's original.

I guess there was something different with Pooter's version, but nothing really that I couldn't live without when using Robalo's original.

7. Now hold on a minute! Actually came to reflect back on the time when I was using Pooter's enhanced AI and playing some single player scenarios with it. From that time I got some vague memories of the AI soldiers getting stuck here and there and me getting frustrated with that. Might have been one of the reasons why I switched back to Robalo's ASR_AI!

8. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@Asmodeus Now hold on a minute! Actually came to reflect back on the time when I was using Pooter's enhanced AI and playing some single player scenarios with it. From that time I got some vague memories of the AI soldiers getting stuck here and there and me getting frustrated with that. Might have been one of the reasons why I switched back to Robalo's ASR_AI!

Good to know! I'll try it.

I will say this regarding vanilla AI. I absolutely adore how units will surrender. I never see that with AI mods. Was teleporting around last night and came upon a truck with two Taliban in it. Suddenly they saw me and stopped in the middle of the road. They both got out and put their hands behind their heads. LOL! Makes me wish (feature request. *cough*) ALiVE had a method of arresting them. :) Could put the prison I just built to good use.

9. highhead

26 Apr 2016 Administrator
    Edited 7 years ago by highhead

you can arrest civis, but will take a look as i also want to add random intel on enemy bodies

10. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@highhead you can arrest civis, but will take a look as i also want to add random intel on enemy bodies

http://alivemod.com/forum/1636-intel-on-dead-bodies-or-in-buildings/0

Here is the one I've been using made by Spyderblack723, Dixon13 and Incontinenetia. If you could incorporate it, officially into ALiVE, it would be a big hit! Pretty pretty please. ;)

As far as the civs go, yeah I know I can arrest them. I was talking about the option to arrest enemy soldiers that have surrendered.

11. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@highhead

Here's the file directly for Intel on dead bodies: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kuqqwt34136gvi8/Intel.zip?dl=0

or Sign Up to reply!