Does anyone use a shorter day/night cycle

1. 7 years ago

I was chatting with my mate about the next mission we're going to play. Up until now we've just been running a modified version of Spyders Insurgency on Altis mission.

I've been building a Takistan insurgency mission and aren't that far from uploading it to my server when the question of day/night cycles popped up. I've had a look at various scripts but was curious if anyone's had any experience with them while running ALiVE? Does it cause issues at all, or is there in fact a better script to do it? Also if I use the ALiVE ambient weather module would that be affected too?

We thought it'd be cool if we could shorten the day night cycle so we could have some variation. Due to work I mostly play from 6-10pm while he has a later shift and would be 11pm onwards, and I thought it would be cool if we weren't logging in to the same time in game each day.

2. Yeah, I have time set to x3 just through the editor controls and seems to work just fine! As far as I know all it does is speed up the clock and nothing else is affected. Don't think there are many features that work based on in-game time, save for the times that civilians are more active and small things like that. Definitely a good way to add some variety in your missions!

3. @noonanamous wait, are you saying there a built in module or setting that will do it?
    Holy crap I found it, why did I not think to just use the editor search for "time"

Thank you so much dude :)

4. Edited 7 years ago by Ferenczy

8x is the magic number for our group: 3 hours = 24 hours in game

5. Just one little trap I fell into last night which took a couple of mins to debug, I was using a script someone had written which used the command serverTime to check if a helo carrying supplies had arrived or not, because I had time accel at 4x it caused some of the scripting to bug out until I went in and multiplied all it's checks by 4.

Not something that's all that common I guess, but something to watch out for, especially when using someone else's quickly cobbled together code.

or Sign Up to reply!