Display Map Intel: Working on dedicated servers?

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I like to set it up so I have map Intel displayed in the C2ISTAR module (on low), sort of as a way for me to have some kind of tasking or direction without using C2ISTAR auto-tasking to simulate my friendly troops having reported in. In the SP editor, I get the Intel such as installations and whatnot to show up within minutes consistently, but on my server I can play for hours and nothing appears.

Is it working for any of you?

2. I have mine set to low or off. My players can use the Commander Objective Intel, or Unit markings to see where BLuFor units are on the map and what the AI Commander views as hot areas (red) or areas with some form of OpFor contact (yellow).

I'll experiment with turning it up to High and see if that does anything for constant updates.

3. Well even on low the map will generally have an installation marked within minutes automatically from the SP editor. With this feature you don't even need to open the tablet. The map displays the Intel automatically (it will fade out eventually).

But on a server I can play for hours (2 hours last night and around 2 hours the night before) and nothing.

4. I've never seen an installation pop up on the server unless we found a dropped piece of intel.
    If we had intel drop in Asymmetrical, it showed immediately.

As far as invasion missions, we have no indicators unless we look with the Tablet for objectives or unit positions.

5. Right. There's an option in the C2ISTAR module to display map Intel that your mil/civ obj units find as they discover objectives around the map. My basic point being is that this Intel gets displayed in SP but doesn't on a dedicated server. Am I making sense?

6. I understand where you're coming from. I've never seen any type of highlighted area pop up on the map on my dedicated server unless we found intel in Asymmetrical, or we used the Tablet to look for objectives that are proposed/flagged by the Commander.

7. If you have Intel set to display (either low, medium or high) in the C2ISTAR tablet, have you ever launched your mission from the SP editor? Do you see it there?

8. Nope, I've never tried it in SP Editor. I'll give it a whirl as soon as I can and report back to you.

9. @ski2060, how did that go for you?

10. Didn't have a chance. Had to crash early and get up early for my daughters kindergarten field day this morning. :(
    I'll try to get to it this weekend and report back.

11. Some things are more important than beautiful spring days going to cool places with the people you love the most, Ski. :)

Damn. I kinda want kids now after reading your post. That's cold man.

12. It was friggin hot this morning, and I had to come straight to work ;)
    I'll be off part of the weekend and get to checking it out. I have some more missions in planning stages for my unit.
    So far they've kicked the crap out of ISTS in an Insurgency for a couple weeks, and are currently winning against some AIF forces that moved into the region.
    I'll mess with it and see if they notice anything on the server. 20 pair of eyes are better than one.

13. Sounds fun. :)

I'm basically just looking for confirmation that it works in the SP editor but isn't on a server. That's what happening to me. So basically, if you have Intel on and don't currently see it when playing with your buddies, when you get a sec just pop into the editor and see if it works there. You should know the answer within a couple minutes. That would be awesome if you find any spare time.

14. OK, so through the wonders of modern technology (VPN and Teamviewer) I was able to load up my map in SP on my home system and look at it.
    After loading I did notice a low amount of Intel showing (Occupied markers and a couple area grid markers). So it is working in SP.

I do remember some markers like that showing in MP, and when I asked my unit members, they remember some of the Occupied markers showing, along with KIA markers coming up occasionally for units wiped out in a certain radius of the players.

15. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Cool. Next time you guys get on can you take a look? I'm specifically referring to the Intel that's set up in the C2ISTAR module under dispay Intel that generates for Assymetric missions. IE, IED/Weapons caches, etc. They're the same things you'd get while interrogating civs.

Occupied markers for me show up in the tablet under the Intel section. I'm not talking about those. I'm talking about the markers that show up on the actual map automatically. That kind of intel is not working for me on a server.

16. We're not running an Insurgency right now, I'd have to dig that mission up and load it just to look.
    I actually think I had Intel turned off for my players in the Insurgency phase, such that they had to go out and pound the pavement themselves and generate their own Intel.

We have moved from an Insurgency to full on warfare as AIF forces moved in from other parts of the country in force.

I'll check the Insurgency version and get back to you.

17. Yeah no hurry. Just me and you in this thread apparently. :)

I guess I could set up a vanilla test mission too. I'll probably just do that as these open ended question threads don't get a lot of play which is understandable. So no worries man. When I get a chance I'll confirm it one way or the other. I appreciate you taking a look as much as you have so far.

18. Edited 7 years ago by ski2060

So, I finally managed to get around to checking my Insurgency mission with Intel actually turned ON and display set to medium.
    Single Player Editor, turned it on and let it load up on machine.

After spawning in and letting it run for a couple of minutes, I checked the Intel tab for Commander Objectives.
    Aside from the BluFor occupied areas showing, I had 4 yellow question mark in a box Icons, with red INSTALLATION next to them show up on the map. I had not seen those before in my missions, but that was probably because I did not have Intel set to ON.

I assume this is in the Intel you were talking about.

Now that I know what I'm looking for, I guess I can upload that version to the server real fast and see if it is actually working in a Dedicated Server environment.

19. I think the installations that you're seeing is probably the same info I was asking about in the first post. I currently have it set in the C2ISTAR module to display Intel on the map automatically, with a low amount of OPFOR Intel. The way I have it set up, I don't need to even touch the commander tablet. It shows up on the actual in-game map itself once friendly units discover the installations/etc. Except it only shows up in SP.

20. Ok, just tested on my server, live. Found some installations on OpCom, TAsked some BluFor units to search the area after air-dropping them in. I had them move through the whole town while watching in Zeus to make sure they walked by the buildings with Installations in them.

I had nothing show up on my map with any Intel indicating the BluFor units discovered those Installations, nor engaged in a firefight with the OpFor units that were in the vicinity. :(

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!