custom mod folder for server

1. 7 years ago

Sorry for being stupid, but I would like to use a different folder for my mods on my home dedi server. What do I need to do in server config, or I use a batch file to start my server ( in the batch file )? Have been able to do it by adding "-mod=C:\location of mod folder\@ALiVE" the repeating for each mod. That is a lot of work and am sure there is a simple way of doing it. Just not sure how and cannot find any info.

The reason for this is I use a diff folder for my steam workshop mods and use a sync prog for syncing them to my server. The only problem is ... it's only mods client side and if I sync to server it deletes my arma server files.

This is due to the client workshop folder only having mods and as such deletes files server side thinking it's different. I have been able to adjust sync prog to just update files, but if I change file i.e. delete or unsubscribe from workshop it does not reflect in server mod folder.

That is because it's only really 1 way updating.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

2. Friznit

7 May 2016 Administrator

So....you're subscribing to Workshop but also syncing to a private repo on the server?

In ArmA3 Launcher, you can set an alternative location for Workshop files. That way you can have both Workshop and private repo versions installed.

3. No the client PC has steam and Workshop files. In the Arma 3 launcher I have directed mods to different location than Arma 3.

Problem I have is on my other PC ( Dedi Server ) syncing files is fine ( sort of ). Just need mods to be in different folder on server.

So on server I have my arma 3 server folder which I created using steam cmd. I also then have a different folder for the synced mods.

I need to know what to tell the batch file I use.

Where the mods are located.

-mod=@mod file name

If the mods are not in the same folder as the armaserver.exe file then it will not pick them up.

4. Edited 7 years ago by SavageCDN

edit: sorry misunderstood the question :)

or Sign Up to reply!