HOW-TO: preserve gear/single items when player dies?

1. 7 years ago

This isn't necessarily ALiVE-only question but I'd like to try through here if someone would have an answer readily available, before moving to BIS forums :)

Currently my mission is set up so that every time a player dies only thing that will be preserved in the spot is the weapon the player was carrying, which can be found from the ground. Everything else (body/all gear) disappears when the player respawns again.

- How would I go on about creating a script/some other functionality to get a single item, all gear or the body with all the gear of a dead player to stay in the spot where the player died?

Just to further narrow down what I'm looking for: I'd like to have it so that the ALiVE_Tablet the player was carrying at the time of his/hers death can be retrieved, which currently is not possible because of the disappearing gear syndrome :)

2. Default vanilla behavior is to left bodies and dropped gear on the ground.
    There must be something that removes it. Alive garbage manager or defined BIS corpseManagerMode

3. Ah! Thanks for the quick reply DaVidoSS!

Will check how I have set the ALiVE Garbage collector.

Come to think of it: is it possible to exclude player units from the Garbage collector? Like this (from the ALiVE wiki):

Alternatively, it is also possible to exclude objects by syncing them to the ALiVE module

?

4. Edited 7 years ago by DaVidoSS

I think the garbage collector has it own exclusion field.
    Put there "WeaponHolderSimulated" maybe it will help

5. ^ Define both WeaponHolderSimulated and WeaponHolder

6. Edited 7 years ago by Asmodeus

This was good gents, though even testing for around 2 hours non-stop I couldn't quite get enough proof that the bodies of players would not disappear under 'certain circumstances' -> needs more testing.
    But so far I could easily run 600-700m back to my body and could find it with all the gear still in place, this wasn't the case before :)

Would you happen to have any idea if what you suggested could still be paired with a timer/make it timed so that after n amount of time the bodies of players would get removed?
    Just thinking that at least in a server with many players and using this could lead to cluttering the server with all the bodies not being removed from time to time.

7. highhead

12 May 2016 Administrator

mulrispawn has a respawn wirh gear option

or Sign Up to reply!