how group objects ?

1. 7 years ago

Hi everyone ! I have what seems a simple problem....but its not !
    After some googling i found a way to name a group, then how trigger some effect for all units of that group. The problem is that i wish to do the same for objects....and seems i can t group objects !!

The result i wish to get is to trigger (with a trigger, not a script, if possible ) the effects for all the units of a group, that in my case are all objects !

Really thanks for your help !

2. You cannot group objects.

This is the closest functionality you'll get
    https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Array

3. Edited 7 years ago by DLEGION

Oh ...thanks man !
    Can you make an example for me? Huge thanks !

4. In the mission's init.sqf file simply write a line like so

someObjectArray = [object_one,object_two,object_three];

Then to run code on each object inside the array, call code in the following manner

{
        _object = _x;
    } forEach someObjectArray; 
    //loops through all objects inside of the array, the current accessed object can be referenced using the _x variable.
  5. Really thanks man ! Tonight will try !

6. hello ! i tried...but really did not undestood how make it work.
    if possible i prefer a trigger version (non-script).
    Sorry to be boring...i'm crashing my head to try solve this apparently simple problem !

...i really need to spawn and de-spawn pre-placed minefields to not hurt performance!
    huge thanks !

7. I do not believe there is a way to do this without scripting, sorry.

8. You can try to use the vanilla Simulation-Manager to better handle objects outside of the player's range.

9. thant for the tip ! i tried simulation manager module, it seems to work great for fixed units like 0,50 cal HMG or defensive units i want to stay in place.
    the problem is that seems it doesnt work for mines. they do not hide or get simulation disabled!

while i usually dont like it, at this point its ok scripting....
    i really just need a minefiled spawner based on distance to player, that spawns mine field where i pre-set a gamelogic or something like it.

huge thanks to you spyder and anyone helping!

or Sign Up to reply!