ALiVE IED's and ACE3

1. 7 years ago

Ok so I've been searching around trying to find out how to get ACE interactivity with ALiVE's IED's.

Basically I want what's going on in this short clip

Am I missing something really simple, or can someone point me in the right direction. All I get is a scroll option to defuse IED's

2. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

No, ACE 3's interaction menu doesn't provide the functionality needed to defuse ALiVE IED's. I looked into adding this functionality awhile ago, but it seemed like more trouble than it was worth, so I abandoned the idea. Anyone's open to trying to add it themselves though.

3. So would the video I linked be using another system? I had a look at Burns's EOD mod last night but that's still very very bare bones, and it wouldn't work with the insurgency side of Alive I'm assuming

4. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

I'm not sure what they were using in the video, but unless custom scripted for ALiVE, it didn't fully disable the IED. You can even see them later in the video resorting to using the scrollwheel.

ACE disarming, I'm assuming, just deactivates the mine while ALiVE IED's use a trigger for activation.

or Sign Up to reply!