Zeus and ALiVE

1. 7 years ago

Seeking confirmation of ALiVE control over Zeus'd units

I'm running a mission with ALiVE controlled units, and would like to add a small number of Zeus units. However, I'd like these units not to be controlled by ALiVE.

Is my understanding correct; ALiVE will ignore these Zeus'd units unless I run a "ALiVE_fnc_createProfilesFromUnitsRuntime".

Or do I need to explicitly sync them to the Virtual_AI_System and excluded them via "Sync Options"?

As an aside is there a list of the ALiVE API functions, or is it a case of digging around in the GIT?

2. When I place zeus units in my Alive-missions, my experience is that they are not under the control of the given AI-commander and they will stay in their place unless you tell them to do stuff.

3. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Is my understanding correct; ALiVE will ignore these Zeus'd units unless I run a "ALiVE_fnc_createProfilesFromUnitsRuntime".

Yes

As an aside is there a list of the ALiVE API functions, or is it a case of digging around in the GIT?

The x_lib folder (A misc functions folder) has a functions list, which may or may not be fully up-to-date. Other than that, you'll have to dig through folders to find what you want. Due to ALiVE's modular setup, it's pretty easy to find the functions you want if you just find the related module folder.

4. Excellent, thanks

5. Im using Zeus in a mission and I would like to know if the following code:

"ALiVE_fnc_createProfilesFromUnitsRuntime"

goes in the init of a unit I place with Zeus? Will it sync that unit to ALiVE?

Thxs

6. If you run that code it will virtualize all units that aren't virtualized. It can be run anywhere.

7. Perhaps related to this, does that function apply to Zeus-spawned empty vehicles? I like to spice up my missions with vehicle rewards I create on the fly sometimes, but they always despawn upon server restart even when players have interacted with them. Using the admin action from the ALiVE menu to profile non-profiled units worked... to an extent. Vehicles like to duplicate and glitch so they all, well, explode.

or Sign Up to reply!