Can you move Custom objective modules after mission start?

1. 7 years ago

I'm stuck at work right now so I can't really test any of this but can you setPos a module to a new location?

I'm thinking in terms of if you have a helicopter crash or something like that you could setPos a custom objective module with high priority (and a small size?) on top of the crash location encouraging AI to "investigate" or gravitate towards the crash site. Kind of like in the Blackhawk Down movie.

However to do this I suppose you would have to either turn off that module afterwards (I know you can turn off groups of modules but I can't see anything in the wiki to turn off an individual module) or set it's priority to 0 (if that's possible?). I'm thinking about having 1 module that gets moved from location to location creating a hot zone, while having no effect outside the times these events happening.

Does all this sound viable or is there a smarter way to do this that I'm not seeing?

2. Can't really do that because the module object isn't technically the objective itself. You could try using the module object and grab it's tied objective hash and then change the position that is stored in the hash. But that takes a but more scripting knowledge and effort. Might be easier to just create and delete custom objectives via script.

3. Ok cool, I think I can make sense of the script in the wiki for that, but I can't see how to delete that custom objective.

or Sign Up to reply!