N'Ziwasogo Civ placement issue

1. 9 years ago

So I'm making a mission on the N'Ziwasogo map, everything goes fairly smoothly except i can not seem to get alive to recognize certain huts as spawnable places for civilians. This leaves whole villages unable to spawn civs. The huts I am talking about are the bamboo straw huts. Grid location for reference is (069 0229).

I have tried setting the civilian placement module to not exclude small villages I have created a taor on just the villages and tried to spawn civs just in those regions. I'm guessing that some how alive dosnt see them as buildings?

If I create a zone in mcc and set the civs to garrison them they do it correctly, Id prefer not to use mcc at all however.

Any suggestions or work around would be much appreciated.

2. Edited 9 years ago by domino

I turned on the civ placement dev bug and the said houses are no showing up as spawnable locations. so sad.. Any possibility of said buildings getting indexed?

3. In the civ placement module there is a option to change the objective size. Try and change that to "Do not filter". That might get the module to recognize the huts. If not, there could also be away to add civilian objectives through script. I would have to research that though to figure out how to do that.

4. Are you sure the ALiVE team have indexed that map? But as dixon said, you can spawn an objective using this and then just add the civs in the editor or by script, and add them to the profiling system like this .

5. According to the compatible maps, it has been indexed.

6. Yes the map is indexed also the objective size is set to do not filter. I guess ill have to mess around with the scripting and adding it to the profile system little beyond my understanding at the moment.

7. GunnyDev

14 Jan 2015 Administrator

Could you log an issue here https://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive/issues/new
    and we will take a look at the indexing data.

Cheers
    Gunny

or Sign Up to reply!