Rappelling

1. 7 years ago

I have installed the Advanced rappelling mod on my dedicated server and have run in to an issue when requesting transport. Heli takes off then circles area requests smoke but just keeps circling. RTB does nothing. Is anyone aware of an issue with the addon and ALIVE?

2. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I've been using it without any problems at all. Though typically I use the "land" and "insertion" commands so if some of the other ones cause conflicts, I wouldn't have seen it (yet).

RTB'ing after these commands works just fine too.

3. Problem appears to be after rappel insertion and RTB, requesting another pickup causes the transport to come to the area but then just flies in a large circle around the pickup point, requesting RTB does nothing, requesting a second heli and i get the same problem.

4. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@Sparrow Problem appears to be after rappel insertion and RTB, requesting another pickup causes the transport to come to the area but then just flies in a large circle around the pickup point, requesting RTB does nothing, requesting a second heli and i get the same problem.

@AUTigerGrad

This sounds similar to that video Papernut took that you showed me.

Damn. It's definitely not 100% reproducible (I use the mod) but I've seen video of it. His recording wasn't exactly identical but the chopper behaved similarly (spinning around in circles, not landing for forever, etc).

@SpyderBlack723 I know you guys nor Duda would be responsible or make it a priority for looking into, but would it be ok if one of us gets a solid reliable repro to request a fix/compatibility attempt with you guys or should we ask Duda?

5. I've discovered it's the speed that is causing the issue. If you set the helo to fast...it races around like a bullet. When I switched it back to slow or normal..the helo landed.

6. Ahh.. will try it later today i normally have it set to fast. Thanks for the replies.

7. @AUTigerGrad is this an ALiVE only bug with the speed (I reported something similar in the release thread), or a workaround just to get advanced rappelling working with ALiVE?

8. Works fine at normal speed so all good.

or Sign Up to reply!