C2ISTAR Query

1. 7 years ago

Is it possible to call random or specified C2STAR tasks by a dialog box linked to an AI commander?

What I would like to achieve for my Beasts of No Nation mission is to have players approach an AI commander and for tasks to be selectable from a drop down box - and that the tasks auto align with the Faction set in the opposing side. I.e players are mas_afr_opf, the enemy occupying force are mas_afr_ind so the intent is that the player (or team leader) approaches the AI commander and in the same way as spyder recruitment works by attaching the mod or script to the AI commander you could select the mission from predefined AutoGen tasks - in this instance spawning mas_afr_ind forces to a. Infiltrate and Destroy, Clear Infantry, Patrols, etc

I know that that the commander console enables mission creation however I would like this to lock on just the sected opfor faction without needing to select this each time.

I have already limited the available tasks by way of:
    waitUntil {!isNil "ALiVE_STATIC_DATA_LOADED"};

ALIVE_autoGeneratedTasks = ["DestroyVehicles","DestroyInfantry","InsurgencyPatrol","InsurgencyDestroyAssets"]

However I find that often the mission does not complete and If I go into the commander module and delete or edit the task to complete it then the subsequent auto task does not initiate. So having a way to invoke this would be nice.

Also I am a little confused as to how to use my custom compositions - to spawn via tasks? - this is a bit off topic though

Thanks.

2. I think I found the answer to custom compositions in the snippets

3. I don't believe there is an easy way to have it auto-select the faction, but you can tie the tasks screen to an object by writing this line in the object's init field.

this addAction ["Tasking","['OPEN',[]] call ALIVE_fnc_C2TabletOnAction"];
  4. Could you use an addaction to turn on autogenerated tasks for the player faction? Had a look through the functions and couldn't see anything

5. You could, but that's beyond my knowledge of C2ISTAR.

6. Thanks Spyder for the lightning fast reply as always.

7. @incontinenetia Could you use an addaction to turn on autogenerated tasks for the player faction? Had a look through the functions and couldn't see anything

The addaction SpyderBlack723 posted brings up the interface that allows you to enable/disable auto generated tasks.

or Sign Up to reply!