Enemies not always in towns

1. 7 years ago

How would i make it so enemies are not always in towns and there are just civs there. Like MSO on arma 2.

2. You can blacklist any town you don't want enemies to spawn in by adding a marker over the town and putting the marker name in the civ/mil obj (and CQB) blacklist lines.

If you're asking about how to make it randomized - that way, sometimes enemies are there and other times not - ALiVE works that way by default.

3. Edited 7 years ago by jarodaffy

@HeroesandvillainsOS  You can blacklist any town you don't want enemies to spawn in by adding a marker over the town and putting the marker name in the civ/mil obj (and CQB) blacklist lines.

If you're asking about how to make it randomized - that way, sometimes enemies are there and other times not - ALiVE works that way by default.

In Asymmetric mode or what

4. Sure. Assymetric is a great mode and things can be very random. http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Insurgency

Make one side Assymetric; place down some objective modules, and maybe an IED and CQB module and sync them all to the Assymetric commander. Then place a civilian placement and civilian population module (not synced to anything) and watch how things will unfold.

In the beginning, the Assymetric side will establish some installations and strongholds. Then, they'll begin recruiting civs and lots of neat stuff will happen.

Just last night my unit went into clear a town which was pretty empty aside from some weapons depots and some civs sleeping. Then suddenly they surrounded us and hit us hard and it was a really exciting time.

All ALiVE modes are great due to the randomization. But Assymetric missions are my favorite because I really like patrolling and talking to the civilians. Sometimes it's slow and other times action packed which is exactly what makes ALiVE so amazing.

5. @HeroesandvillainsOS  Sure. Assymetric is a great mode and things can be very random. http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Insurgency

Make one side Assymetric; place down some objective modules, and maybe an IED and CQB module and sync them all to the Assymetric commander. Then place a civilian placement and civilian population module (not synced to anything) and watch how things will unfold.

In the beginning, the Assymetric side will establish some installations and strongholds. Then, they'll begin recruiting civs and lots of neat stuff will happen.

Just last night my unit went into clear a town which was pretty empty aside from some weapons depots and some civs sleeping. Then suddenly they surrounded us and hit us hard and it was a really exciting time.

All ALiVE modes are great due to the randomization. But Assymetric missions are my favorite because I really like patrolling and talking to the civilians. Sometimes it's slow and other times action packed which is exactly what makes ALiVE so amazing.

Can i get your teamspeak ip to your unit.

6. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

It's not my unit or Teamspeak (I don't have one). It's AuTigerGrad's that I belong to if you're asking what unit I play with.

Are you looking for mission making tips/advice or a group to play with? I can get you an application or a link (I'm fairly certain. I'll have to check for you.) for the unit but just be advised, when we're ready to roll for a mission and we're in the lobby or Teamspeak channel, we don't talk editor or mission making stuff. We talk about killing Taliban. :)

If you're looking for mission making tips/advice, feel free to keep asking questions here and I'll do my best to help you out.

or Sign Up to reply!