Preview Orbat Generator

1. 7 years ago

So, I figured I'd test out the new ORBAT faction group generation tool in the preview ALiVE version from GH.
    I placed down the module, but how do I actually edit units to make new groupings? (Infantry with different vehicles, etc?)

I'd like to add some vehicles to Syndikat in order to give them some mechanized forces, maybe an ancient APC or something from local forces left on the island to rot.

Can someone point me to a tutorial or instructions for this? Thanks !

2. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/ORBAT_Tool

Currently away from Arma, but hopefully release after next will include an overhaul of the current UI including a help tab that will open that page, but for now just keep the link handy since it's private.

For what you're trying to do, would probably go like this

1. Select Syndikat in faction list
    2. Open Unit Editor
    3. Create New Unit
        1. Select the side and faction of the unit you wish to add
        2. Select the unit type you wish to add to Syndikat
        3. Assign classname and displayname to new unit
        4. Confirm unit creation
    4. Open Group Editor
    5. Create new group
    6. Find newly created unit in faction unit list
    7. Drag designated unit to the newly created group
    8. Fill out the group with any other units
    9. Open Faction Editor
    10. Export Syndikat
    11. Create a barebones mod with the exported config
    12. Load mod and enjoy
  3. Like always you are the man! Thanks Spyder!

4. Ok. The version I have from GH seems to be just behind what you guys are working with regarding drag n drop UI.
    I have been able to configure individual units and generate a PBO from the autogen.hpp file.

One thing I am having a problem with is crewing vehicles.
    I can only choose one infantry unit to crew any vehicles it seems. If I have the vehicle selected on the right and attempt to add multiple infantry they all spawn outside the vehicle even if it's a boat.
    Is that correct behavior?

5. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

That's how crews work in Arma, it's just a unit class

ex.

crew = "michaelJordan";

You shouldn't be able to add multiple units. If you can that's a bug.

Drag and drop only works for units from the asset list in the Group editor to the selected group on the bottom. Drag the unit name from the list on the left and drag it into the list onto the bottom.

6. Thanks! Got some stuff working.
    Now that I have it halfway figured out, I'll chat with my unit and see if they want me to kit these guys out with RHS weapons instead of the vanilla stuff.
    Really appreciate the help.
    Oh. So, say I crew a RHIB with one guy. If I ad 4 others as group members, they will automatically board the boat when it is spawned in the water, either at mission beginning or as an ALiVE profiled boat, correct?
    How does one go about putting multiple crew in a combat craft? The same process?

7. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

For a mission maker, you can either drag units in using EDEN or using the
    moveInXXX
    Command family

or Sign Up to reply!