Dedicated Server Issue (SOLVED)

1. 7 years ago

Hello

I recently tried to run ALiVE on my dedicated server (Windows OS). However, when I join the server no ALiVE missions show up including default missions. Whilst checking the log I see that I'm files such as "alive_mil_command.pbo". I installed ALiVE to the server by uploading my ALiVE/ALiVE server folder into the server files. I can create my own server and everything works fine. When I check the files I see I have "mil_command.pbo". A friend of my mine who knows a bit about servers/mods tells me that the current version of ALiVE is the problem. If so, is there anyway I could download a previous version? If my informant is wrong, does anyone know the fix?

Thanks for the help,
    Uberbrat

2. The current version of ALiVE is fine for dedicated servers and listen servers alike.

• Check that you have the mod loaded properly in the launch command line.
    • Check that CBA is loaded before ALiVE.
    • It would help if you uploaded your RPT file for others to look at.
  3. Yes as Riley said this is almost always caused by the mod not being loaded or working properly on the server. If you're 100% sure ALiVE is loading properly (server RPT file will confirm this) then it's probably a file or files that are corrupt (this can happen when uploading especially if you are using a web interface instead of FTP) which means you'll have to delete and re-upload the files.

4. Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item14.type: Vehicle class ALiVE_mil_placement_custom no longer exists
    Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item15.type: Vehicle class ALiVE_require no longer exists
    Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item16.type: Vehicle class ALiVE_sys_data no longer exists
    Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item17.type: Vehicle class ALiVE_SYS_playeroptions no longer exists
    Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item18.type: Vehicle class ALiVE_sys_profile no longer exists
    Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item19.type: Vehicle class ALiVE_sys_weather no longer exists
    Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item20.type: Vehicle class ALiVE_amb_civ_placement no longer exists
    Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item21.type: Vehicle class ALiVE_amb_civ_population no longer exists
    Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item22.type: Vehicle class ALiVE_mil_OPCOM no longer exists
    Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item23.type: Vehicle class ALiVE_mil_OPCOM no longer exists
    Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item24.type: Vehicle class ALiVE_mil_cqb no longer exists
    Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item25.type: Vehicle class ALiVE_mil_ied no longer exists
    Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item26.type: Vehicle class ALiVE_mil_logistics no longer exists
    Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item27.type: Vehicle class ALiVE_civ_placement no longer exists
    Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item28.type: Vehicle class ALiVE_civ_placement no longer exists
    Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item29.type: Vehicle class ALiVE_SUP_PLAYER_RESUPPLY no longer exists
    Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item30.type: Vehicle class ALiVE_sup_combatsupport no longer exists
    Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item31.type: Vehicle class ALiVE_sup_artillery no longer exists
    Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item32.type: Vehicle class ALiVE_sup_cas no longer exists
    Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item33.type: Vehicle class ALiVE_SUP_TRANSPORT no longer exists
    Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item34.type: Vehicle class ALiVE_MIL_C2ISTAR no longer exists
    Missing addons detected:
    alive_mil_placement_custom
    alive_main
    alive_sys_data
    alive_sys_playeroptions
    alive_sys_profile
    alive_sys_weather
    alive_amb_civ_placement
    alive_amb_civ_population
    alive_mil_opcom
    alive_mil_cqb
    alive_mil_ied
    alive_mil_logistics
    alive_civ_placement
    alive_sup_player_resupply
    alive_sup_combatsupport
    alive_sup_artillery
    alive_sup_cas
    alive_sup_transport
    alive_mil_c2istar

Will this help?

5. This basically just says that ALiVE isn't being ran on either the server or the client.

6. Shall I upload the full RPT then?

7. If you could, yes. Both the server and the connecting client seeing these errors.

RPT will include a list of running mods and versions.

8. Edited 7 years ago by SavageCDN

Upload the RPT file to pastebin.com and link back here if you can - 99% of the time it's the server not loading the mod(s) properly.

9. http://pastebin.com/1eYiqksr

That should be it.

Thanks again guys really looking forward to getting this server working.

10. Edited 7 years ago by SavageCDN

============================================================================================= List of mods =============================================================================================== 22:27:38 modsReadOnly = true 22:27:38 safeModsActivated = false 22:27:38 customMods = true 22:27:38 hash = 'B448E3CE9DDE7B1C6460FD7F1E5C2C490D1E1A93' 22:27:38 hashShort = 'f1a9e5f6' 22:27:38 name | modDir | default | origin | hash | hashShort | fullPath 22:27:38 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 22:27:38 Community Base Addons v2.2.0 | @CBA_A3 | false | GAME DIR | 8a3284763c2756c80ace4bb97546dc2afe0618fe | 3a072f47 | C:\TCAFiles\Users\Uberbrat\4441\@CBA_A3 22:27:38 Arma 3 DLC Bundle | dlcbundle | true | NOT FOUND | | | 22:27:38 Arma 3 Apex | expansion | true | GAME DIR | 3b262d55f1bf131ac7ba7e8f52db442675e78deb | 734697dd | C:\TCAFiles\Users\Uberbrat\4441\expansion 22:27:38 Arma 3 Marksmen | mark | true | GAME DIR | 6dc590a2267497ee172fb435fd058519f25cd960 | 64a11e26 | C:\TCAFiles\Users\Uberbrat\4441\mark 22:27:38 Arma 3 Helicopters | heli | true | GAME DIR | 3ec66916054a5a3b6d08c28574e57d1a20a88796 | fa82f9ff | C:\TCAFiles\Users\Uberbrat\4441\heli 22:27:38 Arma 3 Karts | kart | true | GAME DIR | 908c532399962c4c773274261398903a3ceaed91 | 688e112f | C:\TCAFiles\Users\Uberbrat\4441\kart 22:27:38 Arma 3 Zeus | curator | true | GAME DIR | 5b1a121146e2ea4de6e30f2052c2a7b85f1c9ae3 | 31955d5 | C:\TCAFiles\Users\Uberbrat\4441\curator 22:27:38 Arma 3 | A3 | true | NOT FOUND | | | 22:27:38 @AliveServer | @AliveServer | false | GAME DIR | | | C:\TCAFiles\Users\Uberbrat\4441\@AliveServer 22:27:38

Yep for whatever reason @alive is not being loaded. I see it in your startup params but if you look at the section above you'll see only @cba_a3 and @aliveserver are being loaded. Try deleting the @alive folder on the server and re-uploading the files. Make sure the folder structure is right as well (ie: @alive\Addons\all_pbo_and_bisign_files_go_here). If you are using sig checks make sure you have all the .bikey files in the \Keys folder. Case-sensitivity might be an issue as well if your server runs Linux.

11. Didn't work. Looking at the logs its still saying I'm missing files but I have them.
    http://pastebin.com/HGHbbRVQ

I launched only CBA and ALiVE/aliveserver this time and used a different mission.

12. I am using FTP, by the way.

13. The bad thing about FTP is that it doesnt have a way to check the files that it uploads. Any interruption in the process and it just sees that file ABC.exe is already there. It does not care that ABC.exe is not the right file size, or that it was interrupted and not finished uploading.
    What Im getting at it is to do what SavageCDN said and delete the entire folder and reupload it. Some files may be corrupt or incomplete.

14. So I did completely uninstall ALiVE from everywhere and reinstalled it and now it works which is weird because it took 3 uninstalls/reinstalls for it to work. Thank you so much for the help. Also could anyone tell me how to Microsoft Visual C++ onto my dedicated server?

Thanks again guys! Just made my night!!!

15. Congrats on it working!
    As for the C++ (runtimes I assume) if you do not have access to the filesystem yourself, a simple support ticket request to your hosting provider should do the trick.

16. Congrats marking as solved please post back if you still have issues.

or Sign Up to reply!