cant connect my server to WR [solved]

1. 7 years ago

I have tried and not been able to connect to the warroom with my (TADST) server.

• my server runs fine and I can connect to it
    • the mission is fine and it has all the necessary ALIVE modules
    • i have gone through RJs tutorial and followed (I think) all the instructions correctly

I just dont see my server running in the waroom, any help would be appreciated! I'm a real noob at this - ive never run a server before. I'm really only doing it so that my buddy and I can play really long missions (take over the whole map) and save the game after each play session.

I'm running windows 10 btw.

Thanks
    Trout

2. forgot to mention, what are the implications of this?

"NOTE: These steps must be performed on your dedicated server NOT your client machine"

I have no idea how to do this "on my server" since I am using TADST on the same machine I'm playing on.

3. TADST is fine to use... we'll need to see the server's RPT file (log file found in the root of the A3 server directory) and the alive.log file which should be found in @aliveserver folder.

4. @trout if you want to list the steps you took I can look them over and see if you missed anything. The most common mistakes I can think of offhand is people using the wrong ip or hostname. At least the hostname part confused me a bit but that's not saying much. :)

Your ip on WR needs to be you external ip (you can find this at whatsmyip.org. Also, if you don't have a static ip from your isp, you'll need to search this every time you play). And your hostname comes from the name of your actual machine (type ipconfig/all into the cmd window. You will see it there).

5. Fixed it! thanks guys, it was the non-static IP. this is gonna be great....

or Sign Up to reply!