Dedicated Server/Client Performance [SOLVED]

1. 7 years ago

Hi all, I was wondering..
    In order to prevent low Fps and High performance request....
    Should I leave on the Map a single Huge marker with a single huge ALiVE Module (Civ and Mil Placement like 200 units) or a group of small areas managed by a series of small modules?

I want to set up an entire occupation of Tanoa but since I stay in my base it's okay..
    Then when I go in the "operation area" the FPS slowly go down till 10/13...

Virtual Sys settings are 80 units max and 1500 Radious.

I have an i7-4770k, 12 GbRam (10 for arma) and a GTX 970... Hardware specs ARE NOT my problem I think nor ALiVE..
    There must be something wrong with my mission because other missions works well...
    Thanks

2. It's recommended to have no more than 100-150 active units at any time during a mission.

In general, the less modules the better, as this means there is less code being executed resulting in less of an impact on fps.

I do not own Tanoa so I can't give any suggestions but lowering the spawn distance (and disabling it for helicopters/planes) may help significantly here.

3. Edited 7 years ago by Racetrack

This post was wrongly placed in the wrong place
    I removed it

Sorry

4. @Racetrack Virtual Sys settings are 80 units max and 1500 Radious.

That is *groups*, not units. So potentially, you could have (80 * groupsize) units spawned in. Try something between 16-32.

5. Edited 7 years ago by Racetrack

@Whigital That is *groups*, not units. So potentially, you could have (80 * groupsize) units spawned in. Try something between 16-32.

Holy crap, okay will test and Report!

6. @Whigital That is *groups*, not units. So potentially, you could have (80 * groupsize) units spawned in. Try something between 16-32.

Ok I tried and it seems that I had better performance..
    So... If I understood right...
    Max Unit 10 could spawn a Max of 10 groups, wich means, assuming 8 man for each group, that I'll have like 80 men...
    Right?

7. Correct.

8. Ok, thank you!

I edit the Title of thi Topic to [SOLVED]

or Sign Up to reply!