Question on Virtual AI Profile System functioning [SOLVED]

1. 7 years ago

Hi all!
    I have a doubt that need to be clearify..
    I've setted up a Military Placement and a Civilian Placement covering the entire main Island of Tanoa...
    Both the module are setted for 800 units and it's fine...
    I have the Virtual AI Profile system with a 1500 radiuos spawn and a Max of 15 groups.
    What I've noticed is that when the Mission start (using dedicated server and Virtual profile sistem debug) the entire map is full of virtual groups but meanwhile the mission run this Groups disappear and only the large city areas remain full of them... other areas remain empty...
    Is this because I've setted up an AI Commander on "Occupation"?
    If yes, Will setting it on "Invasion" resolve this?
    Or maybe it's because I've setted only 15 Groups in the AI Profile sistem?
    (I don't think so)
    Just to say there are the Insurgency Modules setted up also in the mission

Resume

Virtual AI Profile System = 1500 meters
    10 groups

Military Placement= 800 Units
    Civilian Placement= 800 Units

Military AI Commander = Occupation

Any ideas?

2. Try increasing your group limit to 30, if that improves things then you know where the issue lies!

3. @incontinenetia Try increasing your group limit to 30, if that improves things then you know where the issue lies!

The limit you're talking about is only for Real Group in the Player's Area, if there aren't any groups in the virtual world near me it doesn't matter how many group he can spawn.

Am I wrong?

4. No, you're not wrong! It's just I had a similar issue and with a 1500m radius on Tanoa a lot of profiles were going missing. If it's virtualised profiles disappearing, that's pretty weird.

Unless of course all the profiles are congregating at objectives. How spread out are your objectives?

5. @incontinenetia No, you're not wrong! It's just I had a similar issue and with a 1500m radius on Tanoa a lot of profiles were going missing. If it's virtualised profiles disappearing, that's pretty weird.

Unless of course all the profiles are congregating at objectives. How spread out are your objectives?

I have not particoular obj, I just wait the C2Star to give me autotasks...

Will try out 30 Groups

6. Deleted 7 years ago by incontinenetia
  7. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

On the wiki it's stated pretty clearly that using large amounts of units in the modules, but limiting them dramatically in the active limiter is not the ideal method and can cause issues. I'd personally try raising the amount with the limiter like Incontinenetia said and then lower the civ/mil obj spawns if needed for balancing.

Making a mission with a lot of Virtual AI then artificially spawn-limiting them is inefficient and may get weird results, such as units spawning in behind players and moving into areas already cleared. Best practice is to reduce the density or number of Virtual Profiles in the Placement Modules to improve performance.

8. @HeroesandvillainsOS  On the wiki it's stated pretty clearly that using large amounts of units in the modules, but limiting them dramatically in the active limiter is not the ideal method and can cause issues. I'd personally try raising the amount with the limiter like Incontinenetia said and then lower the civ/mil obj spawns if needed for balancing.

Oh crap, didn't read this, sry

9. Ok tried to Lower the Placement Module Units and it seems to work now.
    Thank you all!

or Sign Up to reply!