ORBAT TOOL

1. 7 years ago

Having a few issues with the ORBAT TOOL thing.

a.) I have no problem using it to create a cfg file to post into the init of ALiVE (required)
    b.) When I do I get told there is an error to do with ";" or as near as I can guess.

Addtionally I cannot find the tool that turns a .cfg file with edited units into a .pbo

Sorry if I am being a bit dense, (check my avatar) but any help would be great.

2. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

This is the tool I use. Pack up all the files into the PBO and place that inside a folder called Addons inside your @mod folder.

The .cfg file (if I'm understanding you) needs to be placed inside the autogen.hpp file that comes with the ORBAT tool before you pack the file into a mod.

3. Tried all that. My PBO generator cannot find my autogen file and when it does, it says it is corrupted, regardless of how I try to do it.

When you say "all files" I just have one which is the .cfg, and I copy and paste it into the autogen file.

What am I missing?

4. I haven't looked for what's included in the new release. Do you have a @test folder with four files inside?

5. I do!

6. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Those are the four files that need to be packed into a PBO. Copy/paste them (after just put your cfg into the autogen.hpp file) into a new folder. Pack that folder with the four files inside it into the PBO.

Then put that PBO into a folder called Addons.

Then put the Addons folder inside your @mod folder.

7. Edited 7 years ago by Kipod

Many thanks. I understand that but when I use the PBO manager, it does not show any of the files in the folder. I am using the v1.4beta and the "open file" instruction.

8. OK, solved it. Or seems so. Very many thanks. Took an existing .pbo and modded it. Thanks again

9. PBO manager won't show any notepad files. But if they are in the folder, they are there. Hopefully you got it working!

or Sign Up to reply!