Does AI only spawn in the vicinity of a player?

1. 7 years ago

I'm new to ALiVE and it works fine but there is just one problem. I can't seem to find a way to spawn AI anywhere outside a small 5-8km radius. Is this to avoid lag and a part of ALiVE? Or is it even able to change in the first place? Keep in mind i'm using the official steam workshop version but it's the exact same from what I can tell. This really keeps a lot of things, like invasion scenarios, hard to do because it will only do actions from a certain distance from my character. I also don't see it simulated because if I teleport to AI profiles they will spawn 1 by one in the same exact spot then get slaughtered by whichever side spawned first. Any answers would be appreciated.

2. actually the radius they spawn in is more like 3-4km

3. The default AI spawn radius is 1500m and can be adjusted by opening the mission in the editor and adjusting the value in the the ALiVE Virtual AI module. Are you using one of the demo missions? It's possible the value has been increased to 3-4km.

It's there for performance reasons as you guessed.

4. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Like SavageCDN said, the default radius is 1500m. I can't personally think of any reason why strategically you'd need enemies spawning any further away than that. What exactly are you trying to do?

or Sign Up to reply!