[SOLVED] Error with CQB module

1. 7 years ago

Hello,

I have gotten my map up and running but during my initial play tests I noticed that I get the following error while in game. (MP game loaded from editor)

0:57:47 Error in expression <
    };
    [[_logic, "spawnGroup", [_house,_faction]],"ALiVE_fnc_CQB",_host,false] >
    10:57:47   Error position: <_faction]],"ALiVE_fnc_CQB",_host,false] >
    10:57:47   Error Undefined variable in expression: _faction
    10:57:47 File x\alive\addons\mil_cqb\fnc_CQB.sqf, line 1220

the rpt log is flooded by this and the FPS takes a significant hit while this is getting spammed. I am using 2 modded factions (RHS and CUP) and besides this everything seems to work fine.

I have the CQB module synced to a milobj(civ) module and it seems like it starts whenever I get close to the civilian objectives. these are my module settings:
    -image-
    -image-

Here is the full rpt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5avvr33xao9p1b/arma3_2016-11-08_10-17-09.rpt?dl=0

Tell me what I am doing wrong or if you need more info =)

2. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

If the module can't find a dominant faction it will fallback to the Factions parameter and because you have it empty it errors out. Adding a default faction to the Factions parameter in the CQB module will prevent the error.

3. Edited 7 years ago by Imbazil

Thank you for the quick reply, works fine now!

If you don't mind I have a follow up question, this is from the wiki:

"CQB detects the dominant AI faction in the area (ignoring players) and spawns the appropriate units accordingly."

Does this mean that If a group consisting of only players enter a small town and kill everyone the CQB module will still spawn bad guys? (since there would be no dominant faction if we don't count players)

if so, is there a way to make it count players as well?

4. I think that if you kill the CQB spawned units it marks the location as "killed" or whatever for that faction, it's just a guess but seems reasonable.

or Sign Up to reply!