Persistent ground objects/ Groundweaponholder

1. 7 years ago

Hello Dev team

I looked on the forums to find with someone with a similar issue/question
    this is the closest i got http://alivemod.com/forum/810-persistence-blacklist

Before i start i want to mention that we do run on a modded server (logs posted later on)

Anyway, our unit has been using Alive in our current deployment for mostly player and world persistency (we're going to use it even more in depth for our next one).
    But here is were an "issue" happened. The persistency works great and player, vehicles and their invontories are saved fine.
    Unfortunatly we've noticed some things that raised some questions, first one is that we sometimes see weapons from enemies get saved with the persistency and will load in after restart.
    second one is that players sometimes decide to drop equipment on the ground which causes it to get saved as well as a groundweaponholder (if i'm not mistaken). This piles up quicky and makes saving and loading times longer.
    But recently we had an issue with what we believed were backpacks on the ground that got duplicated for some reason and were basically lying all over the entire map and then all got saved to the persistency as well as those ground(weapon)holders or weaponholders , whatever they are called.
    they are there when we restarted the server and that is quite interesting.

Is there a way to remove or delete these kind of objects from the persistency or
    make it so player dropped objects on the ground don't get saved/registered in the first place, so those groundholders don't grow even bigger?

is there a way to accomplish this by any chance?

these were some logs from the server the last days (in chronological order) if that could help

link text

link text

last log is from a test server where i started anew, dropped some magazines and other items, then saved. It's a smaller log but illustrates what i'm trying to pass on with my question regarding ground(weapon)holders.

link text

Many thx in advance

2. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Hmm. I'm not entirely sure but I was under the impression the ALiVE garbage collector or whatever it's called should be deleting these kinds of objects by default. Pretty sure the option is in ALiVE Required.

I've never tinkered with the value but I'm certainly curious what an ALiVE DEV's take on this (what it does, what it should be set to, whether what you're seeing is normal etc).

I'd say just hang on tight and one of the Devs will be around to assist you.

3. Edited 7 years ago by SavageCDN

Can you confirm you have the ALiVE Garbage Collector module in your mission?

edited for idiocy

4. Isn't the garbage collector defined in ALiVE Required?

5. You're right Heroes I've been away too long

**checks himself into ALiVE Dungeon**

6. yeah we had the Alive required module place with garbage collector turned on. It worked fine for deleting dead enemies was just curious for the groundweaponholders since it increases loading times.

For now our unit setup the Alive database locally since we now can delete them manually from the database and it serves us nicely and we can benifit from all the great Alive features.

or Sign Up to reply!