Setting Sides?

1. 7 years ago

Hello,

Working on a server with alive but for some reason i keep getting spawns inside my base.

1. i set a TAOR, checked the correct name/spelling
    2. i added forces for each side, for blue i added: BLU_F - NATO;BLU_T_F - NATO , even when mil obj has this added it will spawn CSAT forces.
    3. I restricted CSAT to a TAOR on the other island.
    4. i used vanilla NATO spawns units for the players.
    5. I get a error message saying OPCOM needs to be set, i did added the forces to each OPCOM module. there is no selection for setting blue or red.
    6. I follow the Quick Setup Tutorial to the letter + adding the faction names in override or the forces use.

Added some pics:
    -image-
    -image-

2. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

First things first. The photos are hard for me to decipher (I'm on my phone) but in the mil placement civ/mil objective modules, you can only use one faction. That radio chat spam is stating you are trying to use several in the same module and you are writing it incorrectly.

Example, write BLU_F for regular NATO. Write OPF_F for regular CSAT.

Only the Military AI Commander module allows you to use multiple factions, in which case it would be written BLU_F,BLU_T_F but remember, only one faction can go in the individual objective modules.

@SavageCDN can you clean that bit up on the Supported Factions section on the wiki? The vanilla faction names should be made clearer not to use the part with the hyphen.

To blacklist a group from spawning in an area. Place a module down over the area. Name it.

In the military placement civ/mil obj modules, as well as others if you fancy such as civ placement, CQB, put the name of that module in the "blacklist" line.

3. @HeroesandvillainsOS  can you clean that bit up on the Supported Factions section on the wiki? The vanilla faction names should be made clearer not to use the part with the hyphen.

Good idea got rid of the hyphens and put them on a separate line with indent

4. Looks good! Thanks!

5. Edited 7 years ago by HisEvilness

Hello, yes i added - NATO and what not what made the logic revert to OPFOR_F etc.
    I do now get the right spawns, only thing that does persist is OPFOR spawns inside BLUFOR_1 TAOR and i have it black listed on all modules OPFOR this goes against the logic.

6. *update*

Adding a TAOR for REDFOR and assign it to the Mil Obj/Civ Obj will prevent spawns inside your BLUEFOR TAOR.

or Sign Up to reply!