Edited Project Opfor Faction

1. 7 years ago

So I was trying to make a custom faction for my alive mission on takistan

Pretty much its just a edited Project Opfor Takistan Army that I called Takistan Militia.
    I exported the whole faction and put it in the mission folder next to the mission. sqm
    -image-
    Also here is the description.ext that is suppose to go in the mission folder

Description.ext
    Any ideas what it isn't working?
    It doesn't seem to spit out errors and the Middle Eastern Civs spawn with no problem

2. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

If you're just doing an edit of the faction's groups, don't copy it. Instead, select the faction in the ORBAT Creator, edit the groups, then do an export. Copying a faction will create new units, which cannot be done in a mission. New units can only be defined via a mod.

3. Ahh ok thank you very much.
    So I had everything right, I just need to edit the orginal/"now edited" version and put it in the mission?

4. It is still possible to add new groups to that faction with the existing units it has?
    Like it doesnt have a group called t-34 squad but its a new one and its just 3 t-34s

5. If the unit already exists in the game, yes. You just can't edit that unit in any way. It must belong to the same side as your faction, and you must add it directly to the group from the other faction.

6. I can change its rank though right? Just not its loadouts or anything?

7. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

No, it cannot be edited at all. The unit must exist as is, in-game.

8. So when I make the group I can't change the unit's rank? Like I add a edit then at the bottom right I can'edit the rank

9. Ah wait, remember how rank is done. YES, you can change the rank.

10. ok thank you

or Sign Up to reply!