Insurgency/Asymmetric and TAORs

1. 7 years ago

Hello!

I had a questions regarding making insurgency mission using asymmetric mode. I have one force set to occupying with a designated TAOR and I have a insurgency force set on asymmetric mode with a separate TAOR. With them having two separate TAORs will they function properly?

2. Also since asymmetric doesn't use logistics, do they ever receive vehicles or just civilians they recruit?

3. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@Opendome Also since asymmetric doesn't use logistics, do they ever receive vehicles or just civilians they recruit?

Correct. Insurgents only resupply with infantry. Though in a perfect world, it might be neat for them to replenish from vehicles someday in the future.

I think the idea is, they get their initial resources, and then use them up and replenish their forces from the civilian population (so foot soldiers only). What would be cool is, maybe perhaps they could create a new installation type someday, and have insurgents take ambient civilian vehicles, or maybe even "capture enemy military vehicles," and turn them into vehicle units or something.

Get what I mean? I think it would be cool if it was rare-ish and implemented well.

Either way, what you're seeing is working as intended. The ALiVE devs like to keep thing as realistic as possible, so for any implementation of this, it would need to be worked into their simulation, which I'd imagine is a fine line!

What would you like to see? Any ideas for how they could add something like this that would feel realistic for a future feature request in your eyes?

4. Ah gotcha thanks! Yea itd be cool if when they took a military objective they would capture enemy vehicles or if they successfully ambushed a convoy

5. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I do like this idea quite a lot. The devs are busy these days, but this is one of those requests that should be at least put on the Github. I think it would be really great TBH. If it was rare and suited the simulation (done in a realistic manner), anyway.

This is a good request.

or Sign Up to reply!