Invasion/Occupation and civilians

1. 6 years ago

Hello!

I have been doing a lot of thinking about the minor mechanics and was wondering a few things.

1.) In an invade/occupy scenario between two forces do civilians play any role?

2.) Will roadblocks still spawn if selected (I know they used to but now it seems to be asymmetric specific)

3.) WIll installations be used without asymetric mode?

4.) WIll syncing the IED module to a commander still make IEDs manually placed or is that asymetric specific?

5.) If the invade/occupy factions both have TAORs will invaders still send 2/3 of the force out?

Thanks!

2. @Opendome Hello!

I have been doing a lot of thinking about the minor mechanics and was wondering a few things.

1.) In an invade/occupy scenario between two forces do civilians play any role?

No. Just eye candy of those sweet sweet civs.

2.) Will roadblocks still spawn if selected (I know they used to but now it seems to be asymmetric specific)

Yes. The roadblocks defined in the objective module will. Though in Occupation/Invasion, they need to be set to a variable (low, medium, etc). In Assymetric, they will spawn even when set to none.

3.) WIll installations be used without asymetric mode?

No. That would be neat though. I like blowing up enemy resources.

4.) WIll syncing the IED module to a commander still make IEDs manually placed or is that asymetric specific?

Syncing the IED module is only to be used with an Assymetric Commander. For conventional commanders, use it unsynced.

5.) If the invade/occupy factions both have TAORs will invaders still send 2/3 of the force out?

I'm not sure on the exact left behind to occupy, versus the sent out on attack numbers for the different Commander types. It does change a bit based on the preset. @SpyderBlack723 ?

3. Awesome thanks! I was also thinkin how would IEDs function, do new ones every get planted/replaced or are the ones that spawn initially the only ones?

4. For invasion/occupation I'm honestly not sure. I usually use "enemy occupied" as my setting so I'd assume they get placed freshly as held objectives change, but I've never looked for it TBH.

5. Yea thats something Ive always pondered. I was also wondering when you set it to enemy occupied what defines an enemy for it? Is it a non-player faction? Im using OPFOR sides for players fighting INDEP.

6. Good question. It's probably related to when the faction defined in the module has (in debug) occupied an area. That would make the most sense so I'm sure it is the answer.

or Sign Up to reply!